Sofirn hs-10 help

I just ordered and received a sofirn hs-10 and it’s a great size and brightness. But I am stumped on the headband. Something looks wrong. It might be because I’m just out of the hospital so some of the drugs might be messing with me but I just can’t make heads or tails

Help!

It didn’t come like that. You took it apart and you cant figure out how to put it back together.

Your best bet is looking through some pictures to try and figure it out.

If you truly got it that way and its not the medication, they sent you a used headband.

I have dozens of head bands, none of them came that way.

I’ve puchased four of these and they all came like that. I guess “some assembly required.”

I can’t look at it now but will try to add some helpful info later if no one else has by then.

3 Thanks

I can’t take a pic but maybe this will help.

1. Take the end with the more complex bit and pass it through the simple end. This forms a loop of the band on one end.
  2. Pass the complex bit through the holder.
  3. Put the loop of the band into the center part of the compex bit.

Edit: disregard this and see the pic from @jon_slider below.

I am sure it did…

I got one a while back and that was exactly the way it came out of the box.
I figured it out, but some decent instructions would be nice

Getting the over and under working while pulling to tighen it is a challenge. Its like a belt buckle on steroids.

Can confirm Sofirn ships them this way! Unfortunately can’t say how to assemble…

I would also recommend unscrewing the tailcap if storing for a few days due to moderate drain during standby (observed in two hs10).

I was too… here are some photos of mine, once I figured it out:

I agree. I did a test and after 1 month the battery was half empty. So now I unscrew the tailcap a quarter turn when not in use.

2 Thanks

Haha, that pic helps a lot. I gotta I did all mine slightly wrong.

1 Thank

Wow, that’s kinda lazy for Sofirn not to attach the headband.
Luckily, it’s not impossible to figure out (with a little help.) :+1:

1 Thank

It does come like that :confused:

Mine’s always looked a little different than everyone else’s… but it works fine, and it took me legitimately a full hour to figure out how to get it like that… So I just pretend like mine is the only one that’s done right and everyone else must’ve did it wrong lmao

1 Thank

Thanks for confirmation, I was feeling pretty stupid after the first reply. Nice to know it wasn’t me

I ran out of likes to give on your post, please take this as a like

1 Thank

Very irresponsible of a manufacturer to do that.

You sir are a genius and a gentlemen (or gentlewoman can’t tell on the internet) The sofirn picture that someone on reddit pointed me to is backwards from yours and leaves the strap on the inside to poke you in the head. Your way works perfectly!

Thank you both for the suggestion, my sc31pro, if25a, and lumintop tool all have lit buttons and all drain the cells over time the tool is more noticeable because it uses a 14500 with about the same amount of mah as the 16340 in the hs10. On the if25a 21700 and the 18650 of the sc31pro i don’t really have a problem since they have 4-7 times as many mah but i do notice the batteries slowly deplete when not used. but it is months for a difference rather than days

so glad the photos were clear enough to help :beer:

The Skilhunt headband on my Emissar D2 works the same way… I had trouble figuring it out until I realized I just needed to copy my HS10… lol

Are you happy with the D2?

Definitely YES!
I really like the Regulated output w No PWM, plus Anduril UI.

Also really like having both a Red and White light in a single host.

Works great as a close range headlamp when doing home repairs. I also enjoy carrying it as an EDC, very lightweight.

here is a good review w more details

this review also has a lot of good info

Here is a thread with my First Impressions of the D2

This is incredibly helpful to me too! Although my HS10 isn’t generally used as a headlamp, I still wanted to assemble the band on a just in case basis, but on the day of arrival ended up chucking it back in the box, muttering darkly…. Until today!

1 Thank