Sofirn IF23: Practical Observations, Cave Beamshots, Discounts

Hi there,

as the IF24 is about to hit the market the IF23 is still relevant. The IF23 has more “muscle” than the newer, certainly more refined and smaller IF24. Also it comes in at a really good price point right now. I will post a discount code in the video description very soon.

Here a few critical observations about the light:

• The side switch has a wobbly feel to it and the LED-status indicator is not very well visible.
  • Sharp edges around the lanyard hole take away from otherwise great machining, fit & finish.
  • 4000 Lumens is really only the burst power on a fresh cell.
  • Slightly cold main LED, a matter of taste for sure but it would benefit from neutral white.
  • A lack of fun color strobes.

However, those are minor details. My overall impression is that the light is very practical and well made. In fits great into certain applications.

2 Thanks

Have you found out is there a way for enabling memory for side leds? Mine always starts at lowest level.

Why is this a negative point?

2 Thanks

I could see a flashlight like this being used at parties or in a disco, and having really crazy RGB effects would definitely be nice for that.

1 Thank

It is a negative point because the hardware potential is there but it was not implemented. The IF24 will have some. They are great as signal when cycling. And they allow for a disco vibe so… :wink:

1 Thank

Mine just has the mode memory for the side LED enabled, maybe a newer batch.

Ah ok, so more like a nerdy toy and not a useful feature for everyday use

Don’t think this should count as negative point since this is not the core feature of any flashlight.

1 Thank

My point. I think the Sofirn IF24 has that and so does the Wurkkos HD01 (which is otherwise very different).

Dunno, if it were just about the necessary/reasonable, I see no point in the side light being anything but red (signal light/night sight) and white. Having green and blue there already means it’s more of a fun gimmick feature in the first place. Might as well use them fully if they are already there.

1 Thank

Update: IF23 Discount code: 10B68IIR

Use it to save an extra 10% off

Links in video description.

If there were a way to go directly to pure r/g/b, it’d be awesome. Red/Green for night-vision purposes, blue for minor fluorescence testing.

Correct. I have actually missed that last night shift. Had toanually adjust the color. Other than that I like it much better than expected as in theory it has a few features I do not prefer on my lights. But it is really a sweet light!

Nothing ruins a light as fast as a wobbly switch

At home in my garage. Works great for my purposes. I mix the color to pink/purple for night time illumination during drunken Karaoke sessions. :grin:

1 Thank

It is in the design of the metal switch that it has room for a bit of movement. I see that as a disadvantage as it can collect dirt but it does not feel cheap or like it lacks precision.