【Sofirn IF24 Series】About the on/off status of the flashlight after the rotation button is switched.

Hi, guys

Recently, our R&D team has been discussing whether the IF24 series flashlight’s on/off state requires a memory mode after rotating the magnetic ring.
We hope to hear your suggestions and help us improve this series.
Here is a video link showing the current switch mode:

Thank you so much!

1 Thank

A power switch should act like just that - on/off for the entire device, not for specific modes, and have absolute control.

To me, not a good idea to mix metaphors, so to speak; a mode selection dial should not act as something more than that, and override the power switch.

Button – responsible for power and output level
Dial – responsible for mode selection

According to the other paradigm, the lock symbol should really be a power off symbol, and the button should act only to change levels, and not have the ability to turn the light off.

Some may like the “short cut” as illustrated in the video, but I prefer to keep them separated, logically.

4 Thanks

Thank you for your suggestions!

I would also definitely expect the power button to work globally as in if I turn the flashlight off in any mode it stays off when I switch modes.

3 Thanks

I don’t like that. If it’s off, it should be off for all modes. Mode memory for on/off should not be a thing.

2 Thanks

I agree with a change so that when you rotate the button to a different mode it does not turn on the device. What you propose in the OP does that.

Also please advise when IF24S with sft40 will be available.

Thank you.

4 Thanks

+1 here. Thank you.

1 Thank

It’s a pleasure to have you onboard, lkjr!

This. Absolutely this.

2 Thanks

Agreed. Rotating the knob should not turn the light back on. Only the power button should do that.

This is also consistent with how other rotary control lights work, like the Sunwayman V11R and Nitecore SRT3.

Rotating the knob should change what mode the light starts in when you actually do press the power button to turn the light on.

3 Thanks

On / Off / level / color changes operate by the thumbswitch only. Mode functions operate via the rotary switch. Memory, if applied, should only be active in the current mode, and automatically canceled when switching functions via the rotary. This is the way.

1 Thank

IF24S will be launched and pre-sale in May!

1 Thank

For me too. Off is off via the main (push) switch and overrides all else.

2 Thanks

I agree, dial for mode changes only, button for on off/output selection. But would ammend it that memory changes with the mode selection, not cancels any set memory.

As in, when I turn off the side light in medium, and then use 2 other modes, the side light will still come back on in medium when selected again. A permanent memory for each mode so to speak.

Also,
For my preference if Any mode is On , if that ring rotates, Everything goes off. Then need button press to turn on in whatever mode is now selected. Saves you from accidentally rotating that ring from low/moon side light to high poice or disco strobe and frying your retinas :wink:

1 Thank

Please, in the IF24S put the glass of the side LEDs halfway between the opacity of IF23 and the transparency of IF24. And if possible, the side LEDs should be 4000/4500K

2 Thanks