Sofirn IF24: Which side light diffuser do you perfer?

Left for 100% - For the purpose of the side light you need soft lightning and not the highest output.

5 Thanks

For me, personally, the right, because I can always add diffusion - DC fix, even printer paper if you’re careful. Its easy to add diffusion. I can’t remove diffusion without removing the glass. It’s hard to subtract diffusion. So for that reason I choose the right.

But sofirn should choose the left. It will sell better. You do not want the LEDs to be that clearly visible. Most buyers will not have diffusion film, it will hurt the eyes if used as a worklight or a lamp or any way other than as a traditional flashlight in an outstretched hand pointing away from your face.

Although ideally I would go with something in between the two, if it has to be one of those go with the one on the left. It doesn’t need to be that much diffusion, it can just be a little frosted, but it needs to be enough that at the least you can’t clearly see the emitters with the light turned off. I think that’s very important for the light to be successful.

1 Thank

I vote for the one on the left.

2 Thanks

There’s two tones of frosting, natural frosting and white frosting, and by looking at the picture, the frosting that was applied to this lens is more on the natural side. Using a white frosted glass would be ideal as it would diffuse the light and hide the LEDs better, while being more scratch resistant than the plastic lens. Applying the frosting on the back of the lens would be even better, as this kind of surface can be very abrasive, especially the white frosting.

White frosting on the inside for maximum diffusion, soft frosting or glossy finish on the outside.

3 Thanks

Incoming…!

1 Thank

SST-40. Unbelievable.

5 Thanks

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Why do they even ask…

1 Thank

The IF23 uses high CRI CSP emitters, not poor emitters at all. I doubt that they will use inferior emitters on the new model. I do agree with the USB port. It is a pain to find a cord that fits the existing IF23

Placeholder listing, take these specs with a grain of salt.

1 Thank

Ordered!

The LED does look like an SST40. I also don’t get what was the point of setting up a vote, having it result in 94% for the SFT then going with the 6% option…

6 Thanks

Yeah, strange…

Ordered … :beers:

Odd, the version they teased just a week ago had the frosted, more opaque side light, and blue rotary switch.

The AX product listing shows the other side light option.

And that’s definitely not an SFT-40, it has a dome (and isn’t centered in the reflector at that).

Will the real (final) IF24 please stand up?

Well, maybe not odd. Just another bumbling product launch.

2 Thanks
2 Thanks

Yes, we use SST40 for IF24,
but we also have an IF24S version uses SFT40.
So, no worry, dear fans.
The RGB function is still great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Thanks

Whats difference between IF24 and IF24S?

Is the non S version Anduril like what Wurrkos is doing, or some other difference?

And will that side light put out white light or just RGB?

My apologies if I’ve missed this info before…

Thank you for the clarification!
I’ve canceled my order for IF24.

Great to hear! When will the IF24S be available?