Sofirn IF24: Which side light diffuser do you perfer?

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Why do they even askā€¦

1 Thank

The IF23 uses high CRI CSP emitters, not poor emitters at all. I doubt that they will use inferior emitters on the new model. I do agree with the USB port. It is a pain to find a cord that fits the existing IF23

Placeholder listing, take these specs with a grain of salt.

1 Thank

Ordered!

The LED does look like an SST40. I also donā€™t get what was the point of setting up a vote, having it result in 94% for the SFT then going with the 6% optionā€¦

6 Thanks

Yeah, strangeā€¦

Ordered ā€¦ :beers:

Odd, the version they teased just a week ago had the frosted, more opaque side light, and blue rotary switch.

The AX product listing shows the other side light option.

And thatā€™s definitely not an SFT-40, it has a dome (and isnā€™t centered in the reflector at that).

Will the real (final) IF24 please stand up?

Well, maybe not odd. Just another bumbling product launch.

2 Thanks
2 Thanks

Yes, we use SST40 for IF24,
but we also have an IF24S version uses SFT40.
So, no worry, dear fans.
The RGB function is still great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Thanks

Whats difference between IF24 and IF24S?

Is the non S version Anduril like what Wurrkos is doing, or some other difference?

And will that side light put out white light or just RGB?

My apologies if Iā€™ve missed this info beforeā€¦

Thank you for the clarification!
Iā€™ve canceled my order for IF24.

Great to hear! When will the IF24S be available?

To be fair, nobody is buying this for the ā€˜flashlightā€™ part. The side bar is the selling feature.

I have the IF23 and Iā€™ve never even turned on the flashlight part of it.

@Sofirn Do you have an estimated release date for the IF24S?

3 Thanks

Itā€™s a multi-function light and marketed as such. Itā€™s not about ā€œfairnessā€. What the end user benefits most from function wise is subjective. The issue is that Sofirn solicited feedback for the modelā€™s progression and essentially ignored it with the release of the 24. That said, kudos to Sofirn for integrating community input relative to the 24S.
I, as well, have the IF23 with the XHP50.2. Itā€™s relegated to garage use, and I frequently use the main LED. Itā€™s GAF to my perception, but totally usable and provides hella much light when needed. Itā€™s been dropped several times from heights of 6 feet or more on to the concrete floor and hasnā€™t missed a beat. The OBC works perfectly. The auto-lockout is an inconvenience, but as Iā€™m not EDCā€™ing the thing it really doesnā€™t bother me.
Not trying to be a Richard, but I kinda thought Sofirn would get the memo and drop the SST-40 (from their entire line-up, really). Itā€™s outdated, and the bins they install have gotten progressively worse in tintā€¦so much so, I wouldnā€™t buy another light with one in it regardless of discount.
This is just my opinion. YMMV.

1 Thank

It maybe about after 1 or 2 month.

4 Thanks

Hello. Iā€™m waiting for the version with SFT40 and the BUCK stabilized controller. Apparently there will be a version of the IF24S - then it will be a flashlight for me :grin:

1 Thank

Please enjoy your time here, Jacklight1981!