Sofirn IF24: Which side light diffuser do you perfer?

Ordered!

The LED does look like an SST40. I also don’t get what was the point of setting up a vote, having it result in 94% for the SFT then going with the 6% option…

6 Thanks

Yeah, strange…

Ordered … :beers:

Odd, the version they teased just a week ago had the frosted, more opaque side light, and blue rotary switch.

The AX product listing shows the other side light option.

And that’s definitely not an SFT-40, it has a dome (and isn’t centered in the reflector at that).

Will the real (final) IF24 please stand up?

Well, maybe not odd. Just another bumbling product launch.

2 Thanks
2 Thanks

Yes, we use SST40 for IF24,
but we also have an IF24S version uses SFT40.
So, no worry, dear fans.
The RGB function is still great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Thanks

Whats difference between IF24 and IF24S?

Is the non S version Anduril like what Wurrkos is doing, or some other difference?

And will that side light put out white light or just RGB?

My apologies if I’ve missed this info before…

Thank you for the clarification!
I’ve canceled my order for IF24.

Great to hear! When will the IF24S be available?

To be fair, nobody is buying this for the ‘flashlight’ part. The side bar is the selling feature.

I have the IF23 and I’ve never even turned on the flashlight part of it.

@Sofirn Do you have an estimated release date for the IF24S?

3 Thanks

It’s a multi-function light and marketed as such. It’s not about “fairness”. What the end user benefits most from function wise is subjective. The issue is that Sofirn solicited feedback for the model’s progression and essentially ignored it with the release of the 24. That said, kudos to Sofirn for integrating community input relative to the 24S.
I, as well, have the IF23 with the XHP50.2. It’s relegated to garage use, and I frequently use the main LED. It’s GAF to my perception, but totally usable and provides hella much light when needed. It’s been dropped several times from heights of 6 feet or more on to the concrete floor and hasn’t missed a beat. The OBC works perfectly. The auto-lockout is an inconvenience, but as I’m not EDC’ing the thing it really doesn’t bother me.
Not trying to be a Richard, but I kinda thought Sofirn would get the memo and drop the SST-40 (from their entire line-up, really). It’s outdated, and the bins they install have gotten progressively worse in tint…so much so, I wouldn’t buy another light with one in it regardless of discount.
This is just my opinion. YMMV.

1 Thank

It maybe about after 1 or 2 month.

4 Thanks

Hello. I’m waiting for the version with SFT40 and the BUCK stabilized controller. Apparently there will be a version of the IF24S - then it will be a flashlight for me :grin:

1 Thank

Please enjoy your time here, Jacklight1981!

@Sofirn – Does this still support the powerbank feature? Can’t seem to find it in the manual.

Edit: I just noticed it uses 18650…

2 Thanks

Received my IF24 and I am very pleased. What a well thought out design. I’ve nothing but positive thoughts regarding this utilitarian, Multi-Functional beauty.

I will be purchasing the “S” version with “Buck” when available.

Nice job Sofirn … :beers:

… My First Car …

2 Thanks

As mentioned above, what was the point of the OP when the majority preference for the sidebar lights was opaque diffuser, to then produce a version that shows the LEDs? They look great, but too intense. Pretty much all work lights have an opaque diffuser for good reason.

I’m much more interested in that new switch, I don’t even use my IF23 because I hate the tippy/tappy ui and constantly getting it wrong.

Mind you, I got one of those little Wurkkos HD01 sidebar lights yesterday and apart from the silly laser, it’s a nicer light for showy colours.

Actually it was hard to make decision. And when we made choice, the right option is chosen by a few more people at that time. So the glass version was chosen.
I will keep the diffuser on IF33 v2 or use white frosted glass if it can be fulfilled.

4 Thanks