Sofirn LT1S, I like pancakes, title must be at least 15 characters

SOFIRN LT1S

At the end there will be a summary for those who like only particulars. In each topic I will bold the key sentences, so it will be easier to notice what’s the most important. Enjoy!

This lantern was provided by FlashlightGo for the review
You can buy it here: Sofirn LT1s USB-C Rechargeable Lantern – flashlightgo
Check their store as well: https://flashlightgo.com/

Table of Contents:

• General parameters

• Package content

• Appearance, parameters

• BLF LT1 vs Sofirn LT1S

• UI, runtime and charging

• PWM

• Waterproofness

• Light pattern, tint

• Usage and my experiences

• Gallery and Summary

General Parameters

LED: 2700K warm white LED x 18, 6500K cool white LED x 18, red LED x 4

Max brightness: 500lm

UI: Sofirn UI, similar to Anduril

Modes: 7 modes (5 continuous + 2 blinking)

Moonlight: 1lm

Low: 10lm

Medium: 50lm

High: 150lm

Turbo: 500lm

1Hz beacon

SOS

Battery: 1x 21700

Charging: USB type C, can be used as a power bank

Reverse polarity protection: Yes

Mode memory: Yes

Low voltage protection: Yes

Waterproof: IPX8

Weight: 257g (without battery)

And you can get it in 5 different colors:

Package content

Simple but sturdy and elegant cardboard box. Ecological. Inside we have:

• LT1S

• lanyard

• 21700 5000mAh Sofirn cell

• charging cable

• manual

Appearance, parameters

I must say, I like this lantern so much! It is perfectly balanced, not too big, not too small, perfectly bright, compact, and so on. I wish I have an Anduril version.

Anyway, let’s dive deeper:

On the top we have 4 small LEDs indicating battery power, USB-C for charging and reverse charging (power bank), electronic switch with noce tactile clicky feel, and metal…thing. It’s called handle?

On the bottom we have tailcap with a thick spring – similar spring is on the other side, inside the body.

Square cut threads are not lubricated, but the tailcap screws smoothly, with resistance only caused by a thick o-ring.

BLF LT1 vs Sofirn LT1S

If you’re wondering which one should you buy, I hope this section will provide you with the answer.

Size

BLF LT1 is significantly bigger and heavier

If you need a small, lightweight, portable lantern for short trip, then you should probably get…neither of them.

Why? Because there are other lighter and smaller lanterns to buy. Yes, not that well built, not with Anduril-style UI, not with various tint, power bank option and so on. But if you want a lantern to hang it in your tent, use it for an hour, then you will be probably better of getting something else.

Performance

So, if you decided you need one of those lanterns, you are probably interested in their performance.

Which one should you get if you want the best performance?

Short answer: BLF LT1

Long answer: it depends. LT1 has better LEDs with high CRI, Anduril UI, longer runtime (4x 18650 3500mAh = 14000mAh vs 1x 21700 5000mAh), it is also higher so will do better when standing on a table (illuminate wider area). LT1S, on the other hand is lighter, more compact, stands more stable due to wider base. LT1S will probably be a better choice if you need a camping or hiking lantern, and LT1 will be better if you need a ”table” lantern, when hanging out with friends at the barbecue at night.

UI, runtime, heat dissipation and charging

UI

Sofirn UI, somewhat similar to Anduril

Runtime

Don’t expect the runtime to be as impressive as in BLF LT1 – here we have only one 21700 cell. But it is great, and I don’t feel like I need more. More than one hour on full power is a lot of time, considering one 21700 battery. And 500lm is way too much for me, like when you’ll need it?

Heat dissipation

Good heat dissipation, as you can see on the graph above, the lantern didn’t step down brightness because of overheating. It gets warm, but not too hot.

Charging

USB type C, can be fully charged in 3h 30min. What’s worth mentioning, the lantern can be used as a power bank, so if you go on a one day trip, you won’t need a power bank.

PWM
I did not observe any flickering, with a camera and naked eye. Good!

Waterproofness

Declared IPX8. Well, you can safely dive with this lantern now, I guess.

Light pattern, tint

Total of 40 LEDs (18x 2700K + 18x 6500K + 4x red), which sounds like a lot.

Light is well diffused, just like in BLF LT1

Usage and my experiences

I like this small lantern a lot. It is very compact and…small. It is more stable than LT1S, I am not afraid of it falling when pushed.

I will definitely use this lantern very often. Seriously. And I’m saying it definitely not because Sofirn send me it and told me to say so, no no no… Just kidding, this was not even send by Sofirn. BLF LT1…it’s nice, and all, was even nicer before rubber USB cover broke and I have already lost it somewhere, but it’s still very nice. Stupid rubber cover. Anyway, if I need a small lantern, I will definitely grab LT1S. Not just because I don’t have anything smaller and better, but…no, wait, that’s the reason. I don’t have anything smaller, not necessarily better - LT1S is a very good lantern, but it’s a bit too heavy for one night trip.

Gallery

Summary

Sofirn LT1S is so nice. Equipped with 18x warm + 18x cool + 4x red LEDs is a very versatile lantern. If you need a good, sturdy lantern with various tint, power bank capabilities, nice handle and red light, and you either don’t care about its weight or you need lantern for longer trip, then this little piece of engineering is for you.

Pros:

• small size

• IPX8

• bright, various light tint (2700K – 6500K)

• can be used as a power bank

Cons:

• no Anduril

If you have any questions, put them below, thanks for sticking for a while :slight_smile:

1 Thank

Help why this text editor is so simple, how to make words bigger?
How to do anything here :sweat_smile:

1 Thank

Yeah. I just noticed that the underline function is gone too. I just tried Italics to see how that works.

Yupper… neither italic nor bold really stand out. Probably not fixable…
It’s all good though I am learning. In a couple of weeks it will be just like home… :imp:

Oops, sorry, I thought I had already reduced that. It’s now a 3 character min. Thanks for catching that!

It looks like we do need some more buttons to expose additional post editor features. For example:

# Level 1 heading
or…
Level 1 heading
===============

…produces:

Level 1 heading

And

## Level 2 heading

produces:

Level 2 heading

Nice review!
This is my favorite lantern, partly because of its size and shape.

Thank you. I like it too, it will be my go to lantern when it comes to longer trips. For short one day and night trips, I still prefer something small and compact, I would be satisfied with something like 14500 Sofirn LT1 Micro