Sofirn SF15 : white + UV emitter datasheet?

Hello,
I’ve just bought a SOFIRN SF15 2xAAA flashlight (still waiting for it to come by), and asked Sofirn which emitter was inside.
Here is the answer:

LMP® D3636PG1 LEDs 白光色温6500K UV光波长405nm

White light is way to cool for my taste and UV wavelength is way too far from the most useful 365nm, but I’m still giving it a chance.

Sadly I can’t find any relevant information on these LEDs, did anyone find a datasheet ?

I decided not to review it with 405nm. Feels like Sofirn aren’t even trying these days. They have so much potential having their own factory and yet all recent releases have been cheaply made and entirely unregulated. I don’t understand

Sofirn is under the company called Jinba and in 2019 another company, also under Jinba, called Yakorsei produced a really well designed GD12. Due to Covid the brand ceased and disappeared mid 2020. First flashlight I ever reviewed.

1 Thank

405nm is more of a deep violet than real UV, that’s why I am looking for the datasheet in case it actually emit also deeper…

I’ll see if it is any good when I get it, but I might not be really kind with it : I don’t like cool white, and I usually use 365nm UV emitter with a filter when I need to check for fluorescence.

I can relate your feeling about Sofirn, I really hope they will come back with nice products (I do own quite a few of their flashlights though : 1 LT1, 4 LT1S, 3 HS10, 1 HS40, 2 SP40, 1 SC21, …)

That combined dual output emitter is interesting, but I’m also not a fan of cool white and completely agree filtered 365nm UV is superior.

For alternative versions, I’m not sure what instances call for a dual output (of any kind) 2*AAA penlight. Maybe warm white and neutral white, or red and white?

I wonder what the original manufacturer’s purpose of that LED is, seems a weird combo for commercial lighting.

Hopefully some other fun LEDs will come from this manufacturer in the future.

I received it today, and as expected:
it could be a very nice flashlight, it is super floody (no reflector, it is a mule with a white ring), dual emitter, UI for switch levels and modes are okay, the build quality is good too

but that awful “UV” at 405nm is … just about useless: many things that are florescent at 365nm are not at 405 and the is so much violet emitted that the fluorescence is barely visible.
And it has a bad PWM flickering easily spotted on camera at low levels

I am quite disappointed with that one

Red/white and with better PWM drive and I buy another one. But don’t waste money on it in the current config.

1 Thank

Thanks for the brief “review”.

Neutral white and red I’m sure would be popular for people who want/need red output.

1 Thank