Sofirn Soft & Stretchable Silicone Diffusers - fit IF25a & many other flashlights like Olight, Emisar, Nitecore.

Don’t know what category this should be in but at any rate, these are great and should fit many other small flashlights. The ones I have are DIF32 and DIF24S; 24 and 32 likely represent diameter in mm. There are also 20 mm white and an orange diffusers available. At this point these seem only available from Sofirn China.

Unfortunately nothing fits the little copper flashlight w/ Nichia 219b SW45k :innocent: .

Where to find them: New Silicone diffuser

DIF20 - probably 20 mm diameter. I don’t have this.
DIF24S - 24 mm - Fits a number of non-Sofirn lights, 24-28 mm diameter: Nitecore MH12S, Olight M2R, and Emisar D4V2 (28 mm diameter)
DIF32 - 32 mm - Fits Sofirn IF25a

These are new-ish to Sofirn but they are available from hundreds of sellers on Aliexpress. I think Simon (Convoy) may still have some in his store. Lumintop and Ultratac and Jetbeam and Wuben and a host of others have some tiny ones but I think you’d have to ask them directly for sales. Brightguy.com might have some, too. I’m sure they must be somewhere on amazon as well.

Sofirn’s ali listing (with them on ali if they don’t show a specific option for what you want, just message them and they will almost always sell you what you want if they have it): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003606649571.html

Wurkkos listing in the Sofirn store…they have a new amber one that I might have to pick up myself: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003771868044.html

And Wurkkos official listings: Accessories - Shop Cheap Accessories from China Accessories Suppliers at Wurkkos Official Store on Aliexpress.com

Here are some 14mm and 18mm small ones from Lumintop: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003405666652.html

Another option: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000997028908.html (can probably find these at Kaidomain or their sister LHT Flashlight Store on ali, too).

Great info. Where were you when I was looking? :slight_smile:

BTW the Sofirn site on Aliexpress doesn’t seem to have the 24mm diffuser, the one that I think should fit most EDC lights. 24mm fits Olight Pro Warrior, Nitecore MH12S, and even the 28 mmm diameter Emisar D4V2.

The main Sofirn.com site here has the 24mm and also lists the “model” number that tells you the size of each diffuser. DIF20, DIF24, and DIF32 for 20, 24, 32 mm diameter respectively. And for some reason it’s less than half the price, dirt cheap @ $1.69 (!).

That “main” site is a retailer, not actually Sofirn-direct like the Ali store. I think…I can’t keep track anymore and there were a few going for awhile. But that’s what I was saying…just message them on ali if you don’t see what you want as a specific listing/option. They’ll usually have you use the same page to order and tell you to add a note on the order, maybe the same price or they may adjust pieces or use a payment adjustment option, depending on what you’re after. They just don’t list everything there for whatever reason. Switch boots, trim rings, tubes, bezels, mcpcbs…they’ll sell all of it if you ask.

But the sofirnlight.com site you linked to is a good legit place (other than some mumbo jumbo after they revamped the site not long ago…).

Nice lights, and very nice photo! Thanks for sharing! :+1:

I like the looks of that rigid diffuser on the SP36. I’ve been using a plastic dome from a cheap LED lightbulb. It works, but doesn’t snap into place.

A ChapStick lid is a nice snug fit on several of my AAA lights.

For your small copper light, roll up the end of a silicone diffuser a little bit. Works on my AA lights. :slight_smile:

I’m confused by your comment about sofirnlight.com not being the manufacturer. A user here named “Sofirn” posts with a signature linking to sofirnlight.com as the “Sofirn official website”
Sofirn Website CLEARANCE SALE C8G & C8F--35% OFF

If I’m mistaken, my apologies. After the shenanigans I chose to just stick with their ali store. There were two or three “sofirn” sites and my understanding is that there was an actual official mfr site and then the retailers (“authorized” retailers I believe). The url’s were close enough to be confusing as to which was which. They’re legit, though, so either way, wherever the best deal is.

No problem and no apology needed. :+1: We all know flashlight web sites are no Amazon prime.

But yes the site https://www.sofirnlight.com/ is legit and I am fairly certain it is Sofirn official web site. I got most of my Sofirn lights from them and if you go there Customer Support Window pops up and “Barry Lee” is asking if he could help you. Although I think one time it’s a woman disguised as Barry and confused me no end. I was asking “Barry” questions on Messenger and some woman kept emailing replies to the questions :stuck_out_tongue: :person_facepalming: .

That’s what I thought as well, thank you both for the clarification

These 1 oz. common hotel shampoo bottles if cut correctly will fit a AAA light ,a AA light and an 18650 straight tube light like a Convoy S2+.

I've had one on my "Brass beauty" for years now .

nice thing about them is they are free ...and they have a flat top like the old Xeno diffusers so they tail stand and stand on their heads as well .

My kind of thread :)

Nice. And thanks for the pointer for the small copper light; I asked about it somewhat tongue in cheek - that poor Reylight pineapple copper with single Nichia 219b barely has enough output as is. And too pretty to cap it with a diffuser. Rolling up the end of the silicone diffuser is a neat trick though.

Yeah the Sofirn SP36 diffuser is super nice and turns the flashlight into a wonderful lantern. I compared it with my LT1 lantern here Sofirn LT1 Lantern vs Sofirn SP36 BLF 4000k w/ Diffuser - Comparison of brightness and CCT tone with pictures.

Thanks for adding to the data base. Hotel shampoo bottle & chapstick lid - my wife will have questions :blush: :person_facepalming: .