Sofirn SP10v2 led swap with osram w.1

I have a Sofirn Sp10v2 and I would like to swap the led to something fun. I did change the original 3.45mm x 3.45mm Cree XP-g2 to a Nichia 219c and found the results rather under whelming. After the original expense of the hot plate, infrared thermometer, rework solder and rework flux, I would like to put in a led that will put a smile on my face after turning it on.

An Osram W1 in White or Green would be my first choice but am open to other suggestions including red or UV. What leds will fit the 3.45 x 3.45 mcpcb or what mcpcb do I need to accomplish installing an Osram W1 led in the the Sofirn SP10v2 host?

If you suggest parts, please tell me where I can order those parts.

I have a couple of Sofirn SP10S’s with the LH351D already. (that’s what made my SP10v2 obsolete).

edit. Looks like Convoy on Aliexpress has the osram green and white leds already mounted on 16mm mcpcb. So……. do I need anything besides the mcpcb with led? Like new reflector?

I am not sure, but you have to check if the GREEN Led will “survive” with that driver, as it may not work in the same way as the WHITE!

As for the Osram White, you need a 3030 footprint MCPCB, which I think Convoy store also sells.
But is is possible that you need to modifiy the MCPCB to fit in the head in case it is larger than the flashlight’s inner diameter.

Is the SP10 a 16mm mcpcb?
Iirc it is a 14mm. So the convoy board will be too large.

Kaidomain sells this 14mm mcpcb for 3030 leds http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/led-pcbs-or-mcpcbs/S028906-14mm-Osram-3030-LED-Copper-PCB-2pcs?sort=p.date_available&order=DESC

Unless the later versions on the SP10 came with a different board I am 99% sure its 14mm. Can anyone else confirm this?

Absolutely easy to do. My recommendation is to put a piece of painters tape over the LED to keep off filings and to protect it should you slip with the file/sandpaper. Rinse it well with isopropyl alcohol and you should be fine!

When I tried changing the emitter in my SP10 I found out, as a few others have, that the wires are very short and I couldn’t resolder the emitter board. So I pulled out the driver and tried to put a longer wire on. Due to poor soldering skills I managed to lift the pad for one wire, gorking the driver. One of these days I will try again. Be careful. What I should have done was solder some kind of extension on the wires. Live and learn.