Sofirn SP36 driver - any other replacement?

Just broke the SP36 blf Anduril driver :man_facepalming:

Is there any alternative to ordering another one from Sofirn?

Edit:
When prying it out my nail slipped (you can see the path the nail tip traveled next to T1616 chip) and messed up the 3 little chips and bigger one (FET?) - circled in the picture. The FET was like moved 2mm back so I corrected it and resoldered. The 3 little piglets I soldered back with a soldering paste and hot air. But after assembling some smoke went through the button hole. I desoldered 3 little chips and soldered them back manually with the soldering gun but now the driver is dead. No even button light.

What exactly you broke? μC? MOSFET? 7135? Or you broke the board in half?

The SP36 board is easy to repair, but if you want to just replace it you can get one directly from Sofirn.

2 Thanks

Its just a typical sofirn/wurkkos fet+1 driver but the size of the thing would make it pretty tricky to just swap in the driver from a ts25, even though they have almost all the same components and anduril.

But ya can you repair it? Lots of room to work on that driver and replacement components are easy to find.

If you cant repair it id just get a new one from sofirn.

1 Thank

Thanks for the feedback. Edited the first post.

You also need to know I’m not prepared for chips soldering. These were my desperate attempts but lack of experience and appropriate tools took over the situation.

Little ones are capacitors, big one is inductor. They are the passive components for a boost or buck converter (not sure which one the light is using).

This sounds like you accidentally created a bridge between parts, and when first turning it on it burned one of the Active components (probably controller, FET and/or LED).

At this point replacing the whole driver is most likely easier indeed.

1 Thank

Both and neither lol. Its for the usb-c charging and power bank function. The light is a fet+1, not visible in that photo

Looks like you list a piglet somewhere lol. Poor guy.

But ya, like he said. Thats the inductor and some capacitors. That’s all just for charging/power bank-ing. If you saw smoke when you put it back together thats a pretty good indication that something shorted and its toast. See if sofirn sell you another

1 Thank

Thanks. Already asked but no good news either.

Will try to buy PRO version. Will it be ok to drive 4x 3535 LED? Won’t burn them?

They are all the same, the only driver that is different is the SP36S driver, which has a simple UI instead of Anduril.

2 Thanks

Thanks. I thought 5050 ones are driven higher :thinking:

Sofirn thinks youre asking for a driver for the original sp36 lol. The blf definitely isnt discontinued.