Sofirn SP40 Headlamp

One thing I have to complain about the SP40 is there should be a mode between med and high. High heats up too much for me and medium tends to be not enough when hiking.

Certainly it’s possible to configure Anduril for Eco – L M H – Turbo or whatever you want. The other stuff would be there in “advanced mode” if you went to the trouble of entering it. Maybe the Anduril docs etc. are not really clear enough about this. There is a “simple mode” now which allows ramping and some other things, but maybe there should also be a “basic mode” which is even more minimal.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The only divergence would be the instance an end user abandons the headstrap altogether in favor of a dedicated right angle handheld torch. Probably a rare bird though. If drafting multi-mode SW for flex use headlamps, I would think having a static “headlamp mode” as you have described in primary position, and then an Anduril type free-for-all option for non-headlamp applications might be desirable.

Does the SP40A have moonlight?

Says same UI

Same Operation UI— 4 brightness modes

LMG - Turbo