* UPDATE May 8, 2019 *
* UPDATE 03/29/2019 *
You can preorder on aliexpress now, the sale price is US $61.59 for flashlight alone, but you add it into cart, leave a note of your BLF ID,
we will lower the price to USD$50. Orders will be shipped as soon as possilbe!
- the light is supposed to has 2 versions: one is sofirn SP70 for muggles, the other is sofirn SP70 - BLF Edition for flasholics. Sofirn SP70 is released first
- the light officially gives out 5500LM via normal 5500mAh 26650 batteries, while it gives almost 7000LM via HD 26650 batteries and more than 7000LM via 21700 batteries, you need to purchase the batteries seperately.
- sofirn officailly suggest 5500mAh 26650 batteries for muggles. While flasholics can choose to use HD 26650 batteries which fit nicely, and 2* 21700 batteries can fit but really really tight, not good for the batteries and springs.
4. For those who are located in USA($50) and Germany(€50), we suggest you wait for FBA availability, same price and faster shipping.
5. A sample of Sofirn SP70 will be sent to Jason when the first batch is fulfilled. Then we can talk about a real BLF Edition. Maybe use smooth reflector, add retaining ring or move a bigger step forward for more leds and more powerful etc. It's possible but not sure.
Thank you for your patience!
* UPDATE 03/26/2019 *
SP70 is in anodizing factory now, you can preorder on aliexpress store soon, maybe the last day of March. SP70 will be available on amazon US and DE about two weeks later.
People who located in USA and Germany can wait for amazon inventory.
there are two options: 1. SP70 alone; 2. SP70 bundle: with 5500mAh 26650 batteries and USB charging slot
If you need HD 26650 batteries, it will be available soon too! You can add to cart by then.
We create this topic because we saw some BLFers want to keep the Kronos K70 Group Buy going. We would love to help make it but we never did a group buy before, hence we PMed JasonWW for suggestions and try to name it SP20 but we are suggested to do it by ourselves. Also we read the latest replies, some saying since BLFers already have L6 S70S, why don't we make it special?!
Cool, why don't we discuss here? Tell us what kind of special light do you want. The name won't be SP20 (we gonna make it as planned), you guys name it, talk about it, and see if it could be a group buy.
* UPDATE 07/10/2018 *
Okay guys, it seems we are all cool that it's a long light (2*26650 battery tube) with big head (one XHP70 emitter or more). But it seems BLF already have many big lights, but how would this be different?
Oh, please pick name first. A great name would help the talking.
* UPDATE 07/11/2018 *
Thanks for all those replies, so many ideas! some are really a big step for Sofirn for now to make really BIG monsters. We will make monsters but for now, let's keep it simple and fast.
A similar size of K70, same 26650 battery tube and same 9cm head ( a little bigger than K70's head I guess) for two kind of reflectors: one XHP70 reflector comes first, then multi emitters (3 XHP70 or 3 XHP50 or 3 XHP35 HI or combination, you name it.). It comes with forward clicky tail switch which accept 9A current. Two groups: mode group and ramping group. How is it?
* UPFDATE 08/14/2018 *
Once again to confirm other information. It’s much appreciated if anyone could help optimize for better reading.
1. size: 9cm big head, aluminum bezel
2. Smooth reflector, AR coated lens
3. LED: one XHP70.2, 5350-5700K emitter
4. 2*26650 long tube(sleeve for 21700),
5. tactical ring
6. Switch: tail forward clicky switch + side switch (with indicator as Q8)
7. Overheating Protection. Low Voltage Protection.
Tail switch to power on / cut off
Group 1 ( default )
When the light is on(the indicator on for 5s to show the battery power), press and hold the side switch, the brightness levels circle through low(50LM)-Med1(300LM)-Med2(1000LM)-High(3000LM), double click to Turbo(5000+LM), when encounter the brightness you need, release the side switch. Single click to Standby(the main led is off and the indicator is on), click again to turn on the main led. When on Standby, click the tail switch to cut off (indicator is off ), click tail switch again back to Standby, click side switch to turn on the main led. When the main led is on and you click the tail switch to cut off, click tail switch back on goes to the remembered brightness levels.
When the light is on, long press to ramp, 2LM-5000+LM(150 levels, ramp from lowest to highest in 3 seconds, blink to remind reaching lowest or highest). Ramp again within 1.5s, reverse direction. Ramp again after 1.5s, keep the direction(same as Q8). Click to turn off the main led (Standby)
When the light is on or on Standby，double click to Turbo(5000+LM), click back to previous brightness or Standby.
When on Standby, long press(1s) to Moonlight(2LM), click back to Standby.
When on Standby, 4 fast clicks to lock out, another 4 click to activate.
When on Standby, 6 fast clicks to convert group, 2 blinks to confirm.
When on Standby, 8 fast clicks to Beacon (Lights up at 1000LM for half a second, pauses for 2 seconds, then repeats.) click goes back.
1.When light turn on, the indicator led shows Green or Orange or Red for 5 seconds to show power status. If the power is running out, indicator fast strobe in Red continuously.
2.When in Standby, the led is Green as locator in the dark. Click tail switch to cut off.