Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

it says in the first post

2*26650 long tube(sleeve for 21700),

so i asume u will get a sleeve tube for those cells unless something changed after.

They were never a good choice. Usually they were too long to fit. They also have big voltage sag.

Why did Simon recommend them back in late 2015/early 2016? Maybe there were a shortage of better 26650 cells that had raised tops? IDK.

Once I went to unprotected Liitokalas in my L6, I never went back. I did a lot of back and forth testing with them.

Huray we3 are getting closer,Sofirn ,please surprise us with nice quality light that we are all ready to pay

I wonder if the tube will be long enough and if the springs will be designed in a way to fit 2x21700. That would be a real feature for 2x Samsung 30T/40T will probably outperform any 26650 battery.

Sofirn has been using their own 21700 4000mah cells in their last several tests.

According to my tests these have a quite similar internal resistance compared to the Shockli 5500 (PLB-55-A cell).

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/51773/91

However, the 40T or even the 30T should perform even better as long as the electric path is capable to drain enough current from these cells.

Actually mine do indeed touch. I’ll see if I can snap a pic when I get home from work tonight. Maybe there are different versions sold by different vendors. I don’t know.

My Shockli 5500 (PLB-55-A) do make contact in the Convoy L6 but it is very "fickle". When I hold the L6 vertically with the head upwards it turns off.

Well, I obviously want as much as much power as possible, as long as the price is reasonable. What is unreasonable for me you ask? For example paying 2x more for 10% gain in lumens.
I’m not the biggest fan of protected cells either, just over the years read so many times that unprotected cells in series happen to die from time to time. In general I’m smart enough to figure out when to charge my batteries but still.

Another question would be how will 26650 fit in the flashlight if the tube is long enough for 21700. I hate rattling cells like nothing else.

Sad that Liitokala cells are tricky to buy genuine these days as these look really good on HKJ tests.

strange, if keeppower protected 6000 fits no problem then shockli doesnt? they cant be longer or ?

I'm not sure if I got you right, mortuus. The Shockli 5500 is a bit shorter in length compared to the (protected) Keeppower 6000. The latter one has a raised positive pole whereas the Shockli has not. Still, both batteries work fine in the Convoy L6. But the Shockli will only work as long as you hold the L6 horizontally as it is prone to rattle back and forth in the tube. The same happens with the Haikelite HT35.

I can only imagine that springs on both ends have a very high deflection to fit both 650mm and 700+ mm cells. They will probably be much more compressed with 21700s, so contact resistance will also be less with fully compressed springs. I guess I drop the idea to use my SP70 with 26650 and use the best 21700s instead.

Or:

Sofirn has designed the tube for 21700 cells and sends adapters to extend 26650 cells to 700mm. I don't know...just thinking...

ah okay sorry i thought shockli had a raised button top… makes sense then hehe.

I bought shockli 5500s from their ali store and they sell button tops. I got the same cells from Mtn like 6 months ago so they are out there.

Golisi 26650’s are also top performers. :wink:

Hope Sofirn does it properely (I’m kinda scared after the PL47 fiasco in this regard) - it’d be quite silly if double 26650 light works better with secondary cell choice (21700) then cells the tube is designed for.
I guess it’d be smart to hold up until first reviews start poping up. Or just wait for Sofirn to clarify that.

Will there be tripod mount on this light? I don’t remember now and it doesn’t seem prototype pictures work anymore.

Not silly at all. Quite common.

The 21700 are a very tight fit.

I don’t think there will be a flat section with tripod mount.

I recieved my Shockli 5500 a couple weeks ago from MTN E. They don’t make contact. I suppose the tolerances can vary slightly. Some just barely touch and some just barely don’t.

I wonder if Richard has sold different versions in the past months. I’ll post a pic when I’m off work.

button tops or…. do they fit l6