Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

I never tail stand my L6. I have other lights for that.

While we’re waiting, I wonder if somebody could organize a good deal on some recommendable 26650 cells with international shipping? I for one have only like 1 or 2 unmatched 26650 cells, and I’m sure others would like to stock up too.

The Liitokala 26650’s are pretty cheap from aliexpress and gearbest. And it performs good.

Jerommel is saying it would / will be much more stable if the cutouts are not there.
And he is exactly right… For anyone who might want to tailstand this light for whatever reason the cutouts are not especially good.
Personally I’m good either way…… :wink:

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately no battery shipping is available to my location from GearBest or BangGood, and AliExpress only offers insanely expensive DHL shipping.

Ok i understand, all round seems better imo.

@sb56637 not sure where u live? but have a look at nkon.nl i think they ship outside EU too i can recommend them i only buy from them.

be aware tho that the Liitokala will not work in pair unless u solder blob them, better buy it a protected keeppower instead with raised flat top, or other unprotected with raised flat top like Efest which i use in my L6 works.

I KNOW it helps a lot.

Use other lights?
So what if you have your S70S or L6 at hand, and you walk into some space (room, barn, caravan, whatever) and you want to light the ceiling and have your hands free?
Where’s your other light?

So i was thinking something like this:

Jerommel

If only the switch was removed entirely you could do creative things like add an outside thread to store the “blank” finger grip then switch the place with the “tactical” finger grip to create a stable “lantern” base. You could even do an additional “inner” thread for sling swivel/tripod mount type hole in the bottom for even more attachments. Lots of cool stuff you could do in place of a questionable switch :slight_smile:

I know I have both. I lean them to a wall or something. Or tailstand it somewhere I know I dont knock them down. But these are rare events. Mostly I use MF01 or D4S inside small places because of flood. Or if I know I will need my hands use headlamp.
Yesterday I made concrete floor to my garage and we run in to the night so I putted out my two MF01 on fixed places and used my HC65 on my head.
Edit:
pics:

Shocklis AliExpress Store does support group buys.
If someone organise one for US

I vaguely recall that just yesterday someone posted about Keeppower 26650s going for 10bux a pop, 2pc minimum.

(Guess not so vaguely…) 8bux shipping, 6bux each, so more cells = same shipping so only 6bux more per cell.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/53038

Looks like it's USA only.

Also thanks for the tip. Looks like nkon.nl doesn’t ship here either.

After more digging, I did find a couple of AliExpress sellers that have slow-boat shipping (probably literally!) to my location. But they only seem to have the black 50A Liitokala cells, would those be good for the SP70?

For the power and diameter I think so. But for the length maybe a bit short because of they design to accept 21700 also. Maybe jason can ask the length in the cad between the uncompressed springs so that way we can decide. The black liitokalas are 65mm long.

OK thanks, I’d appreciate a confirmation from somebody once that information becomes available. :+1:

Sofirn have own rewap 26650 5500 mah not sure how good it is ,may be they can ship 2 inside the light.

Worst case you could use some magnets to make the LK cells work, not ideal but it works ok as long as it is only used on the tailcap side.

Or solder a brass button to the tailcap spring to make it longer.

What country are you in SB?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Connector-for-flat-battery-series-instead-of-little-magnet-Flashlights-parts/1812094_32667378904.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.3.57e03a7avZ6Jg9

I always liked this idea though i’ve never tried it. It’s not permanent and could be made/modded to have little resistance.

Keeppowers 5200 is old and doesn’t perform that well.

Keeppowers 6000 is a newer cell and does perform well, but it’s a bit fat. We will need to make sure the battery tube can fit them.

The black Liitokala’s are fine.

Are you guys okay with smaller cells rattling around in the battery tube?

You can always use a piece of paper as a spacer to stop the rattle.