solar force Z2

Ayup, esrevenge,

it is a black one; and so far, I haven’t noticed any PWM. But then again, me eyes are not very sensitive to PWM, anyway.

s.:

’NUTHA DISCLAIMAH (bollocks! :stuck_out_tongue: ):

Word of advise: DON’T use 14500 Li-Ions in your Solarforce Z2 if you aren’t willing to cope with the electronics failing at one time or the other. I don’t know if that light is really up to that voltage in the long run. Just because I ran it for 37 minutes straight off a 14500 doesn’t mean it is actually built to operate on that kind of cell.

I will not be held responsible for any damage to your Solarforce Z2, if and when you should operate it on 4.2V Li-Ion cells!

s.: mine still did work well today, eating up two LSD-NiMH cells. Two and a half hours on high, just saying, inn’I? No flaws, really. Luv it! :smiley:

PWM for all modes but H.

Same for me, whining is really annoying, especially indoors during the night on LL…
I end up using $8 FT SS C3 for that purpose as it does not whine…

Because of whining I have decided to send my Z2 head for replacement.
I have received replacement head which was whining and randomly flickering, getting really warm in short time and discharging my IKEA LADDA 2000mAh NiMHs in few minutes (I have tested few of them). I have reported that problem back to JO (mentioning that I am using NiMHs and alkalines). According to JO, only alkaline battery can be used with Z2, no rechargeables allowed (not even NiMHs!)

BTW. In the end I have received full refund and was asked to keep broken Z2!.

I have reordered Z2 right away! I do expect that the new one will also whine, but I guess that “it is not a bug, it is a feature” :wink: