Solarforce exchange thread. Trade your unwanted SF parts for parts you want.

I just realized that you’re in Lost Wages. We were originally heading your way on vacation, but, my kid’s back to school nights are this week so we changed our plans and we’re heading to Reno instead. Leaving San Francisco tomorrow late morning and should be on Nevada in the afternoon.

PM sent to Match and PCC.

Small gesture from the two of you - HUGE happy to Foy.

Foy has noticed that the third person phenomena is most acute immediately following an intense dose of happy. Foy appreciates this dopamine rush very much.

abusedsynapsesFoy

WTT:

I like to trade my L2r host for a L2T head.

Host includes all O-rings, the tailstand reverse clicky, head and tactical bezel and the glass lens, as sold by SF.
The overall condition is good, but the anodizing is not perfect anymore, it’s 11 month old.
The bezel looks worst, it damaged the envelope and looked already messed up as it arrived.

I switched the bezel for a stainless steel one, but this item is not part of the package, as I want to use the ss bezel on my new L2’s.

You can offer me any Solarforce part you like, if you got no L2T head but want this host pretty bad.

I don’t shipped items outside the EU so far, but the shipping rates for a bubble wrapped item in an envelope seem to be pretty reasonable.
I’ll give it a try.

I will gladly buy you any head that solarforce sells and ship it to you in trade for a l2r. :)

Match, PCC and rojos came through . . . Foy now has (once again) a functioning L2r.

If I could find the bezels I need to make a Foybezel, I would gladly repay the kindness.

See the difference?

B2 bezel that I need. B5 bezel; available everywhere, I have several and it's the wrong one.

Since rojos sent me a few aluminum bezels, I'm going to dunk 'em in Greased Lightning, put them on the Foyrouge wheel and see how close to stainless steel shiny I can get. These too, come in deep and shallow versions. I'm doing the shallow ones to see how it turns out.

If they are as good as I think they'll be, Foy might be back in the bezel business. Problem is, these aluminum "strike" bezels are not sold seperately.

I guess Solarforce didn't sell enough B2's to justify carrying any longer.

apityFoy

PM send

I have a few aluminum strike bezels that I can send your way if that’s what you’re looking for.

i want an l2r for my collection any have any extra name your price

PCC -

These are fresh out of Greased Lightning. (pre-polish) The one on the left is the guy I'm looking for.

These are ready for my orbital. Following that, they will be Foyrouged. I'm going to Home Depot to find a suitable rouge/polishing tool for either my cordless drill or my Dremel to do the insides. I'm fairly certain I can get a near stainless steel shine. If I can, those that have sent me stuff will get a Foybezel. After that, I'm thinking some kind of exchange/small fee for anybody that has these lying around and wants a cool bezel instead.

To give you an idea; the two aluminum bezels on the right used to look like this . . .

. . . only they were silver, of course.

The color doesn't matter because they're going in Greased Lightning . . . unless someone wants something like this . . .

I did this to my 6P oh-so-long ago . . .

This bezel became . . .

. . . like this. And believe it or not, this exact bezel is now . . .

. . . this exact bezel after some Greased Lightning time. Note also that I smoothed the outer edge to match the softer look on this light I was going for. Once I decided to leave the flashlight unpolished, I knew that this simple change would make the bezel perfect for this flashlight. That's why they call it custom, I guess.

Here's an unpolished, former strike bezel on my old version, silver L2 . . .

You can take down the points and leave the color on if you prefer . . .

This was kind of a failed experiment. It doesn't look terrible but this is the low crenulated bezel that comes stock on an L2P and they haven't been very popular. In fact, I haven't sold a single one.

I can do a satin finish that looks pretty cool. People don't know they like this until they see it on their light. Looks best on colored flashlights . . .

This Palight became . . . . . . this Palight.

Turned out stupid if you ask me and is why I left the SS bezel on my 980L alone. The reason it looks dumb is because there is no depth . . .

. . . would have completely ruined its looks. Would have looked unbalanced.

This very thin Foybezel started like this . . .

. . . the one on the right. It's the stainless version of the black L2P bezel.

If you like it back here, I can do that too . . .

It's not hard to see why the original stainless Foybezel is the best seller . . .

It turns any P60 torch into a show light . . .

I guess I got carried away. What were we talking about?

Foy

Well, here’s egg on my face: turns out that I’ve already defanged the two or three aluminum strike bezels I had in my collection on the lathe. All that I have left are two low profile crenelated rings and one L2T ring, all in black.

Holy moly, this blue L2P with the flat foybezel looks gorgeous.
SF could have charged a much higher price if they offered it like this.

Great stuff !

Okay . . . I braved to heat in my messy garage tonight and made these . . .

into these . . .

The problem with un-anodized aluminum is, it scratches easily and doesn't hold its shine like stainless steel. It can however, look pretty good . . .

This is a polished aluminum bezel, exactly like the deeper ones shown above . . .

This is a stainless Foybezel on a polished aluminum light.

If this isn't proof that I need the stainless B2, I don't know what is.

thesearchcontinuesFoy

Foy,

You are absolutely right, your “FoyBezel” is much better looking than either the B2 or B6 bezels. Guess I’ll try the same trick on one of my spare L2T bezel rings.

What are those gold bezels?

I guess it’ s just the light source in the backround, which light bulb gives a yellowish tint and because of that the foybezels got this golden shine.

Or the white balance of the used camera was off.

My bad. They're not gold - that's what I get for shooting in auto with indoor light. I can usually get away with using the amature setting shooting outside and nobody's the wiser. My dang desk lamp makes everything gold.

goldstandardFoy

Oh no ...

next they will be gold plated . for the ultimate bling bling

I own an original Foybezel

Wouldn't trade it for a Sunwayman

Just wish they were signed

I've thought some about silkscreening (or whatever it's called) my logo on either the inside or outside edge. Kinda like Solarforce does underneath. Seems I saw a company online somewhere that did that kind of thing.

Foy

Wanted: yellow SF P1 body

Wanted: a SF A001 head

:slight_smile:

Wanted

L2 body

Rubber spacer for lt2