Solarforce L2's just arrived. Wasn't happy, Am Now!

Did you request a refund/credit/replacement? If so, how'd that go?

I didn't include the scratches on my sand hosts, or the open package in the email I sent to solarforce. If they try and give me a hassle I'll probably attach those as well, and let them know MANY people will be unhappy and disappointed in them if they don't fix the problem.

The pitting on the hosts and screw threads coming through makes them look horrible.

They really do look much worse in person, the camera doesn't do them justice.

I got my only L2P last year when the gray ones came back. S/N A0969 The head and tail didn't match the color of the body very well. However the head and tail matched color perfectly. There was a chip in the body ano near the tailcap. The bubble pack was perfect so it was shipped like that. Best part the Solarforce logo on the side was crooked and not centered properly. It still was a good looking torch. Shouldhavebeenbetter

I posted a link to this thread on Solarforce Sales Facebook page, I asked them to comment, and they "liked" the link!...

Jo replied to my email and is offering to refund the defective hosts. What more can you ask? +1 for solar force customer service!

Out of 4 hosts I am requesting a refund on 3 of them (I can live with the other one with minor imperfections)

I'll probably use the refunded money and buy the new P1 solarforce host and accessories! Hopefully Foy will review that host soon.

Jo said:

Good job man! That got my email answered!

Got my refund. Great customer service from solar-force! Way to go Jo!

I will definitely order from them again.

He took care of the problem as good or better than a USA based company.

I think I'll use the refunded money and buy more hosts from him.

Good result

I have had an email from Jo, He is very polite, but has only offered me a refund on one torch. He also mentions the fact that they are clearance so not perfect! It would have been nice to have been told that before the sale, then I could have made a decision myself what to buy and save the hassle.

I am going to tell him to refund both or give send me an L2t which is cheaper than both of these and should be better quality.

I think the morale of the the story is buy the new Solarforce L2s and stay away from the old ones, they are crap.

Marc.

glass half full.

glass half empty.

That's what happens when you send out products like that! You are not going to please everyone. Incidentally Aoyue and I have had the same experience He has been offered a refund on his defective torches, I has been offered a refund on one of them. I have said that Jo is very polite and more than willing to help. So glass half full and Glass almost half full!

On a side note Jo actually told me in the email that he realises the quality of the old L2 is not as good as it should be and pointed out some faults that mine doesn't have

Will I buy from them again? Yes why not? Just not any old L2s that's all I said.

Marc.

Marc and aoyue2702:

My black L2P and grey L2 arrived today. The L2P is flawless - I cannot find a single blemish anywhere. The plastic pack was unopened. The grey L2 is in what I would term acceptable condition. I would not even consider returning it or raising a fuss. It is obviously a lower quality offering than the L2P, but I knew that going in. At first glance looks good, it's only on really close observation that I notice a few chips here and there. The thread marks on the faceplate are just barely visible - not sure I would have noticed if not for this thread. Finally, there is some light spotting on the head, but it is almost too faint to see.

I've got one with thread marks that aren't all that bad, then I've got another one that sticks out like a sore thumb and you can feel them from the outside of the host.

Overall I'm happy, and tbh... I never complain about anything.

However, I do feel like they should have put in the description "Hosts could have minor blemishes/scratches or machine marks"

Couldn't agree more. If they had said "Hosts could have minor blemishes/scratches or machine marks" There could be no complaints, and like I said much earlier, I don't want to turn this 'I hate Solarforce' thread, because I don't at all and I am convinced they make great stuff. But put yourself in my position, I read the 'L2 for 9 bucks' thread and before that, had no intention of getting one, never mind two. I then read Foy's review and thought, yeah why not I'll get one. Couldn't make up mind with regards to the colour so I got one of each. But when they turn up, after all the hype, if you will, they were not very nice. So I started this thread. Now from what I can see no one has disagreed with the fact that they are bad quality. I just felt they were not what I expected.

I am glad the new L2 is good. I may have to get one soon.

Marc:

Knowing what I know now, I would not have ordered the L2. I agree with you - $9 was too sweet to pass up. But the obvious difference in quality between the L2 and L2P is there. I swear the L2 feels like it weighs half what the L2P does and the finish differences between the two are like night and day. For $9 I'm ok with it. I do like the grey finish....

Naah, I had no reference, quite small scratches anyway.

If I remember right, the light was gifted to my friend.

BetweenRides: "My black L2P and grey L2 arrived today."

Do you by chance own one of the DD 504b's that have been on offer (again) recently? I'd love to get a brief quality comparison opinion from anyone who owns an L2P as well.

Sorry Marc, not trying to hijack, just had to ask with L2P black hosts on offer for $20.

Yes I do love the colour of the grey one, It's what attracted me to the L2 the most. The sad thing was in the 'L2 for 9 bucks' thread I commented that the new L2 may have been worth the extra few dollars. DOH! Oh well I may end up getting an L2T who knows?

Marc.

P.S. Really glad you like yours

absolutely. they should do that now.

if i was in your position, i would have said "L2 for 9 bucks? As good as Surefire? sounds too good to be true." and done some more research. just a little due diligence would have revealed that the grey and sand L2 have long had quality issues and shifted my expectations accordingly. caveat emptor!

Sorry, Lensman, these are my first P60 hosts. And I've never bought anything from DD.

The 504 body was really nice The tailcap was cheap with the flimsy switch everyone mentioned, the XML dropin was not well centered and kinda rough looking but works well - looks warm white compared to M/F 3mode. The L2p much nicer except for the QC issues in my previous post. I also got 2 S/F HK 2 piece old style center sections 5.99 ea on closeout both perfect