Solarforce Redeemed Themselves

If you don’t have the time or patience to deal with a few hiccups now and then, you’re going to find this to be a very infuriating hobby. :slight_smile:

It was a mistake but yes I can understand how frustrating it is. Just send them an email, the usual things. But yes if you don’t have the patience for that then order US!

This isn’t a hiccup. I ordered a sipik clone, 14500’s, and a nitecore charger last Monday, it was in my mailbox Thursday, as ordered. This isn’t even close to what I ordered and on top of that, it was packaged in a rinky dink envelope with no padding or paperwork. If you run a business, you have to get your orders right. Imagine going to food lion, filling your cart with groceries and once you pay for them, they swap out your groceries for crap you didn’t want, ask for, or pay for.

Well if its not a hiccup I can’t really see it being intentional. But thanks for bringing it to our attention we can all keep it in mind if we choose to buy from them. Just give them a chance to respond and correct their mistakes.

lets see you or anyone else handle the sales volume they do with 100% accuracy.
bit of a misleading topic.
lets see how they correct this before you say you got hosed!

Why run a proper business when you can just run it as cheaply as possible. Hiring competent employees just cuts into profits! :smiley:

solarforceflashlight-sales.com - member list accessible by public Still not completely fixed.

For the extra money Solarforce charges they should be able to afford something more.

Those “rinky dink” envelopes as you call them have delivered several hundred pounds worth of Solarforce lights and accessories to me with no problem. Were your wrong goods damaged in any way?
It is really annoying getting wrong items but it sometimes happens. Lets just say that I fave more faith in Solarforce Sales HK than a lot of Chinese vendors.
Jo will make it good, you’ll get a reply within 24hrs, weekends and holidays permitting.
Out of ten or more orders they got it wrong only once, an item had gone out of stock and was missing from the “rinky dink” envelope. I emailed them and got a reply very quickly. It turned out that my card had already been refunded the cost of the item, very good service trying to make good on something that was a mistake on their part, they should have been a notification slip in the “rinky dink” envelope.

Hmm, probably 6-8 orders over the last few years… no mistakes.

Contact them, wait a bit for them to resolve, then please tell us the outcome.

Well, that’s a dumb example because food lion doesn’t deliver half way around the world for $2. You have to drive there, pick out your groceries by hand, haul them to the check out, and then drive them home. You’re doing most of the work, so you only have yourself to blame if you mess things up.

If instead they had you place your order online, and then an underpaid and overworked clerk was responsible for filling your order and shipping it half way around the globe, I’m sure there would be a few errors from time to time.

Wow, what a bunch of douche baggery. I have ordered online several times and have never had such an issue. Even from the sketchiest eBay sellers. If you have a functioning web sales page, which allows customers to pick either a complete flashlight or just the separate components, its not too hard to screw up. If its that difficult to send an email to a customer to say “we didn’t have what you wanted in stock, so we’re sending half of the wrong thing”, then they shouldn’t do internet sales. And in my opinion, if you sell and ship internationally, you should have a faster method of contact than an email.
The title is correct, not misleading. I paid for a whole flashlight, waited almost 2 weeks, and got a piece of a flashlight which is unusable and not even close to what I ordered.

If they screwed up in your favor and sent you what you ordered plus more, would you still be as mad?

No, but I’d be honest about it and send the extras back

You are a better man than I.

They screwed an order of mine. They did fix it and let me keep the wrong items. The crappy envelope ripped and I lost an extension tube.

From then on I emailed job after every order, told them my order number, and asked to have package taped up to prevent rips. Or pay for a box.

These guys are in china. They could provide a phone number but
a) they will be sleeping when we would likely call.
b) hiring fluent english speakers to man the phone will add costs.
Bonus c) people will complain “I can barely understand them with their heavy accent!”.

Email or chat works better for chinese companies. The language barrier can still be difficult. Always be mindful of how you phrase things & you can save some time.

solarforceflashlight-sales.com Tel +852 2713 6980 …… Don’t forget time difference

I am one of the harshest critics of vendors that are in any way dodgy, underhand or plain dishonest or any combination of same.

But Solarforce does NOT come into that category IMO. They made an error nothing more or less. Nothing intended or malicious about it.

Annoying I know but a chance one takes when one does any form of business these days.

Mistakes happen man. You could have ordered 700 times and never had an error, or you could have ordered 1 time and had an error. I highly doubt they just sent you whatever they had because what you ordered was out of stock. What you should be concerned with is how they fix the problem. Most likely you’ll end up with exactly what you ordered and have a $12 drop in (better than what you ordered) for your troubles.

Two weeks delivery from china is very good. Most will take 3 to 4+.
8 days consistently is the best I’ve seen (from FT).

Almost every Chinese online storefront is handled through a ticket system or email. Rarely will you find more than that, but there are a few that go above and beyond with a live chat system or skype.

I think your expectations are far too high.

Yep, they will fix it. Getting the wrong item after waiting for it can be a let down but it happens.

I’d guess that someone who recently ordered a drop in from them just got a whole flashlight in the mail…

Hope it works out.

852 is a Hong Kong number, so the odds are pretty good he’ll get some passable degree of English, even if they have to pull in a coworker to handle it.
Just avoid slang and speak slowly, and you can generally get by dealing with them.

(English as well as Mandarin are required courses throughout grade school here)

It sounds like you’re looking for an excuse to be mad more than looking for an actual solution.

Have fun with that. :slight_smile: