Solarforce S1100 XML vs. S1100 MTG2 beamshots

wow. excellent beamshots… MTG2 rocks…

OMG comfychair, where did you buy your 5 x XM-L SRK? It looks very powerful. I only have heard of 4 x XM-L SRK so far.

Holy!

Are there any sexy p60-sized MTG-lights?

Not quite p60 sized, but smallest production mtg2 light so far: http://www.eagletac.com/html/sx25l3/specs.html

It's made of leftover parts, build thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/18400

Sort of. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19895#comment-424747

There aren't any P60 reflectors that play nice with it, the best I could get was one giant hotspot that covered the entire spill area (with that OP reflector shown in those pics). 3 amps @ 6 volts in such a tiny package is A LOT of heat, about the same total light output as an average SRK, but powered by only two 18350s. Not very practical.

Awesome pics again. Maybe among some of the best around.

I think we need a new term from the beam for lights like your MG-T2 modded S1100. I propose “Floody Thrower”. The noun is Thrower, because it primarily throws. The adjective is Floody because that is how it throws.

It's kind of like the TK75 in that regard... floody thrower. Kind of the difference between a spot light (what most of our thrower lights really are) and search lights, that actually light up the area.

I love xp-g2’s, you just convinced me on a build I was considering for another edc, thsnks comfy, you just cost me more cash… :expressionless: :bigsmile:

I also think I’m going to have to do a convoy l2 mt-g2, it fits the reflector but I’ve not applied power to see how it looks as yet.

I have an assortment of little tube lights on the way, I'll do a comparison of as many different combos as I can. 2 more S4s, 2 S3s (with the li'l stumpy reflector, I may shoehorn in the deeper S2/S5/S6 reflector instead), 1 S2, and, um... well, I know there are a few others I will probably remember when they show up. :8)

I am planning on a couple of 16340 xp-g2 edc’s at sane drive levels as I have four 16340 cells that trip protection at 2a, I’m going to have to stump up for some aw imr’s.

I’m wanting to build a 3a qlite xp-g2 nw oem d11/convoy s4 too, which I see is your weapon of choice lol the various models still lose me tbh

Ah yes, '16340' reminded me. Two of the inbound lights are a UF A1 and the elegantly named UF MCU-C7s.

they look tempting.

I’m looking at this and this for me and my two boys.

I’m hoping they are ano threads etc, I also keep ogling the cnqg stainless host kits, but that may be because I crave the shiny shiny….

You and me both. Years ago I had a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum, a stainless revolver with 4” barrel. I learned how to polish so I could bring it to a mirror finish. It was beautiful! And so much easier to clean after shooting. My gunsmith told me “Any liquor store would be Proud to be robbed with this gun!” lol He always made a point of touching it all over because he knew how anal I was about keeping it spotless.

Luck on your purchases, here’s to the bling bling! Cheers!

if you can spare the extra 2 mm width the aw 18350s have a little more oomph than the 16430 size - ive used both with good results though

Coming up tonight (weather permitting), beamshots comparing the MTG2 version to the S1100 which is now sporting a dedomed XML2 U2 and the driver tweaked up to 4.30 amps...

I took a series of pics last night but after I got them on the computer-machine, they didn't look right. Checked the EXIF and found I forgot to change the manual settings from ISO 200 to 400 - D'OH! - and the sun was coming up and ran out of time to get another good set.

So since this has moved on to the second page, as a refresher here's the stock S1100/XML again:

And the new batch of pics:

Nice pictures. I really like the way the MT-G2 lights up the whole area.

Amazing how much tighter is the spot on the dedomed xml !
Super flashlight, super mods !