Solarstorm SC02 mod with R,G,B,W,UV. So many 7135s!

The boards themselves are open source, here’s the XP version and the XB version if you’d like to build one yourself, but I’d be happy to make some for you. I keep all the parts on hand to do both the basic and the metal-core two-layer version I used in this light.

Note sent.

Can’t get over all the options.
Fantastic.
PM sent.
Thanks,
Keith

Yes for the main white emitter then one 7135 each for the colors. Yes I used the factory daughter board for the switch (it’ll be interesting to see if I did the slot right, I know its in the right location but I’m a little worried about if its actually gonna be cut out, I submitted the design before I read the stuff that just got posted yesterday about how to make sure cut-out’s get done correctly, may have to end up doing some file work once they get here, the render looked right but that thread about wight’s contact plate’s coming out solid concerns me).

I was considering making a new daughter board with one or two 7135’s on the bottom of it but I was concerned about the thicker boards from oshpark not working for some other reason and I also never made a daughter board that uses connections like it does (only via header pins) so for now other components on the bottom lost out even tho I really liked that idea.

One thing I’m really not thrilled about is I couldnt fit a 1206 for the sense resistor, only a pair of 0805 pad’s, what is the next size up from 0805? I plan on standing 3 or 4 0805’s on their sides on the 2 pad’s (not touching) to try to have good enough dissapation to air but I’m thinking current is going to be limited to about 1.5A for white so it doesnt burn up, calculations say anything over that needs minimum 1W ’s (which is why my 17mm 4ch transistor driver uses a stack of 1206’s per ch to be able to add up to the power level I needed for 2.25A)

are you MCPCB’s DTP or with a mask under the main thermal pad?

edit whats the size of the R030 sens resistor on the stock board?

Incredible!

I just used a standard MCPCB with dielectric layer. The stock current sense resistor is a 1206

never seen anything like this. super!

I did a new firmware overview video for v2.13:

And here’s the configuration menu:

when I first saw the firmware/UI for this, it was on a Sky Ray King if I remember correctly. I went nuts! I didn’t care, I had to have it. I contacted Everett. He put it all in an Olight S10 for me. Yep, WRGB and UV in a tiny little light. Of course it’s my favorite. Can’t have more fun with a flashlight. Keep the mode/configuration sheet handy! Everett is a great guy and his work quality! Order one from him……

Thanks Pat!

As usual , outstanding work , sir .

Thanks for sharing .

group buy

too funny, this brought a chuckle to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Watching the video again now so I know what I’m doing when I fire up my T4 for the first time.

This is also my first completely-on-my-own circuit and driver design so really excited!

Edit: its alive!!!

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I recently built up another of these and created a build video of the whole process:

It’s a bit long, but I had to compress down 4 hours of build time! I hope some other modders here will enjoy it

^ Great to see you're still around here tterev3. I can't really play video here, but look forward to watching it later.

Look'n fwd to it too! Love your firmware and multi-color mods! Would like do maybe take a shot at building one.

I just have to say this is fantastic. Is there a way to create a pcb and populate it ( possibly two sided) that would save from having to float the components (i trust my reflow oven over my solder skills lol). I would love to create an all in one drop in package. If I didn’t have 4 kids and some free time ( oh the good ol days).
Awesome work man I would love to own one of these, excellent mod buddy.
Neil

Yep I do have a complete driver PCB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPRKWXJtHH8
I don’t tend to use it on 18650 lights like this since it’s geared towards single-cell CR123A lights and floating 7135s gets me a bit more current and a simpler driver. I also made a 7135-only version of the PCB to fit in a very small host one time, so that could work for the SC02 with some slight changes to mount the switch

Too damn cool… I would love to give one of these a go. Truly excellent work bud.
Neil