Solarstorm SC02 mod with R,G,B,W,UV. So many 7135s!

when I first saw the firmware/UI for this, it was on a Sky Ray King if I remember correctly. I went nuts! I didn’t care, I had to have it. I contacted Everett. He put it all in an Olight S10 for me. Yep, WRGB and UV in a tiny little light. Of course it’s my favorite. Can’t have more fun with a flashlight. Keep the mode/configuration sheet handy! Everett is a great guy and his work quality! Order one from him……

Thanks Pat!

As usual , outstanding work , sir .

Thanks for sharing .

group buy

too funny, this brought a chuckle to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Watching the video again now so I know what I’m doing when I fire up my T4 for the first time.

This is also my first completely-on-my-own circuit and driver design so really excited!

Edit: its alive!!!

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I recently built up another of these and created a build video of the whole process:

It’s a bit long, but I had to compress down 4 hours of build time! I hope some other modders here will enjoy it

^ Great to see you're still around here tterev3. I can't really play video here, but look forward to watching it later.

Look'n fwd to it too! Love your firmware and multi-color mods! Would like do maybe take a shot at building one.

I just have to say this is fantastic. Is there a way to create a pcb and populate it ( possibly two sided) that would save from having to float the components (i trust my reflow oven over my solder skills lol). I would love to create an all in one drop in package. If I didn’t have 4 kids and some free time ( oh the good ol days).
Awesome work man I would love to own one of these, excellent mod buddy.
Neil

Yep I do have a complete driver PCB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPRKWXJtHH8
I don’t tend to use it on 18650 lights like this since it’s geared towards single-cell CR123A lights and floating 7135s gets me a bit more current and a simpler driver. I also made a 7135-only version of the PCB to fit in a very small host one time, so that could work for the SC02 with some slight changes to mount the switch

Too damn cool… I would love to give one of these a go. Truly excellent work bud.
Neil