Solarstorm T3 and T4

I am not bundled with any shop…

I nominate you to do a Group Buy then. If you are interested. :)

:beer:

Ultrafire seems to have the exact same light now, at DX called U3

and the T4 called the U4

Oh man… Sooner or later, you will see them baring all the Fire brands. :zipper_mouth_face:

“Exact Same” externals for Chinese lights often seem to hide TOTALLY DIFFERENT internal construction as has been repeatedly demonstrated by SRK lights and clones. No consistency in internal construction even though they appear almost identical externally. One reason I like the M6 from SupFire as so far it has shown consistent quality while SRKs and clones have not. As my background includes about 25 years in quality assurance I value quality and consistency.

I also like the fact that the M6 is one of RMMs favorite lights for his upgrading. I have a couple of them as modified by RMM and they are mighty nice. I also have an RMM six LED SRK and Richard had a sale on a total of four of them after he found that he could not get a steady supply of a configuration he felt was suitable for modification.

As mentioned early in this thread I am awaiting the arrival of T3 and T4 lights from Kaidomain too and will give my impressions of them when they arrive.

There is an Aliexpress seller who also sells the lights. He has his own thread on BLF thread here.

I updated OP with more links and sorted after price.

Price is important, so does store ratings. I foresee it will turn out to be a popular light. We have to be extra careful when recommending flashlight sources.

True.

Im just gathering links though. At least until I get tired of it. I have not been recommending anyone. Just showing people options and gathering a list that may help press the prices down.

Personally Id never buy the light from KD as an example no matter how low the price is. Id pay a bit extra to support what I consider the better vendor over the "lowest bidder". Assuming, Im not a fan of the store with the lowest price.

Aliexpress have a good protection system against fraud. Seller does not get your money until you have received the item and you don't need to pay paypal fees/conversion rate which adds to the total price from the other stores.

If I see a seller that wants to communicate with buyers on BLF through their own thread, that is a good sign to me. Personally Id rather take my chances on an unknown Aliexpress seller than a vendor I mostly have bad experiences with. Id even buy from an unknown aliexpress seller before several of the vendors I have posted links to in OP. But that's me.

People are free to buy from whomever they want. You can search on any of the vendors in OP and find lots of people that combined would not deal with any of the vendors listed. Check out the "vendor ratings threads". None of the vendors I have linked to in OP are labeled "recommended".

i am very happy with banggood and recommend them often!

especially the “NL-Post” Option is a huuuge plus in the EU :wink:

delivers within 2 weeks and does not touch customs :smiley:

NLPost goes thru customs here as origin country matters, not intermediary countries.

so I was happy the last 6 times… :wink:

Both the T3 and T4 arrived today with no intermediate tracking info listed between being delivered to the HK PO and arrival at the main Reno Post Office early this morning, 5 July. 17 days since ordered.

Length 138mm for the T3 and 140mm for the T4. Boxes claim 133mm length for both.

Weight T3 254 Grams or 8.95 ounces and T4 280 Grams or 9.9 ounces measured on my digital kitchen scale. T3 claims 295 grams and T4 310 grams without batteries so both are lighter than listed.

Battery Tube max diameter, 46mm, center section 44mm. The battery tube appears to be a aluminum tubular extrusion.

Tailcaps are going to need a strap wrench or something similar to loosen it looks like. Lanyard hole located so with the lanyard installed they will not tailstand straight.

Battery contact board in head appears to be similar to SRK board construction and installation rather than the much heavier duty designs used on the M6 and BS Terminator. Diameter is 43.8mm as close as I could measure. Appears to be a press fit like on the SRK rather than using the M6 retaining ring or Terminator center nut to hold it in.

T4 defective as received. As soon as batteries installed and battery tube tightened down all LEDs come on at what appears to be a barely illuminated “moonlight ” level. Have to use the lockout to turn off fully. The T3 acts as expected so far.

T3 battery holder fits both lights but the T4 battery holder ONLY fits the T4 head so poor parts intertchangeability indicating sloppy manufacturing standards and quality assurance as also indicated by the electrical problem with the T4 unit and the battery contact boards in the heads.

Much cooler light output temperature than my stock M6.

Switch hold down time for continuous on or to turn off is approximately one second.

Threads ungreased and squeaky as received.

Arrived in foam cutout lined brown cardboard boxes and include lanyard and O ring.

Weights and length listed on the boxes do disagree with my actual measured values as noted above.

I am NOT impressed with the workmanship of these lights as received. As noted there are both function and parts interchange problems with my lights including visible damage to the battery tube contact ring in the head, the outer ring that the face of the battery tube seats against. Dimpled upward in one area where pressed into the head it appears on both lights.

Based on what I see these are not only inexpensive lights but CHEAP ones with a lack of manufacturing quality assurance. A nice size and weight but otherwise disappointing though maximum outputs appear to be good.

Based on my samples “NOT RECOMMENDED!”

Bummer. :confused:

ordered from who please?

Ordered from Kaidomain per one of the first vendor listing links. I do not see what difference that makes unless you KNOW of any dealer who fully checks function of all lights prior to shipping them.

my T3 was shipped yesterday - lets see what i get from banggood…

By the way, as far as SupFires are concerned I have three M6 units and one L1 five LED light. Two of the M6 units are RMM modified units, one a level one and the other a level two. The third M6 and the L1 are both stock units ordered from China. All of their battery holders and battery holder end caps are interchangeable and have the same feel when screwed together in any combination. No binding or noticeable slop or looseness. Very different quality level than the Solarstorm T3 and T4 lights show.

this is really dis-heartening, i was in the market for another soupcan light and had high hopes for the T4 and T3.

You may want to consider this too.

Wow what’s that again? Any link?