SOLD! 2C MT-G2 mag and XM-L2 TIR micro mag, in black!

Hello all,

Up for sale is a pair of black maglites I just finished this evening.

The larger of the two is a 2C black maglite sporting an MT-G2 Q0 5000K emitter on noctigon behind a stippled aluminum reflector and high quality 52mm AR coated lens. The heatsink is a chunk of 1" aluminum rod wrapped in copper sheet to make it a tight press fit. The emitter is driven by 2s 18650 batteries and regulated by the BLF17DD-Z driver. The driver features off time memory and four modes in ascending order beginning with moon mode. There is also a 2 minute turbo timer which is important as this mag will draw 10 amps off a pair of quality high drain cells or around 6 amps off decent ICR cells and gets hot fast. This light only has room for flat top cells. I estimate 3500 lumens out the front.

The micro mag was cut down via the human lathe method and the head drilled out to 3/4" inner diameter to accommodate an aluminum heatsink of the same size. The heatsink is a short chunk of 3/4" aluminum rod hollowed out to accept a single sided driver. The driver is the cheap/lazy FET driver described by Djozz here. I used this driver because I wanted to give it a try. The only real challenge encountered finding the correct place to put the off time capacitor on the component side of the driver. But I got it and am pleased with the result. The driver has the same user interface as the C mag minus the turbo timer. The emitter is an XM-L2 T6 4C on 16mm noctigon. A fully charged Windyfire IMR 14500 cell gives 5.3 amps at start up and close to 5 amps at 30 seconds. The optic is the 15 degree TIR from Fasttech. I estimate 1200 lumens out the front at start up. This light should be run off IMR cells only.

I'll let pictures do the rest of the talking.

2C mag beamshot

Micro mag beam shot

Price including CONUS shipping is $150 for the pair. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the lights.

My paypal address is kyfishguy@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Sold.
I’ll take them

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 48011805………………

Wow. those are awesome!

Very nice work as always with your builds. By using the TIR optic on the mini, I’m guessing there is some focus (ability)? Sorry if that is a redundant question. Just curious…

Thanks Slow, All yours.

Thanks for the kind words. This is a fixed TIR rather than an aspherical lens meaning there is no focus adjustment.

[quote=Jackasper] Very nice work as always with your builds. By using the TIR optic on the mini, I'm guessing there is some focus (ability)? Sorry if that is a redundant question. Just curious... [/quote]

Gotcha, thank you