*SOLD* Group Buy Custom 5 mode UF 2100 *SOLD*

The Bad News:
It’s not $27.29 for 6 because they add DHL shipping of $53.60.
The Good News:

1. I’m in a chat with the Aliexpress seller to see if I can negotiate with them.
  2. I’m also in communication with HK equipment to see if I can work them down a little.
  3. I am willing to front the money to have 6 (or more) of these sent directly to Erik so that he can do his magic and send them to the individual buyers.
    ANYBODY INTERESTED? (After checking with Erik, I think we should post this as a separate thread.)

Wow, that shipping is a killer! Why would they ship 5 for free, but 6 for $53!!! What a scam :frowning:

Thanks for your hard work, VERY interested in how you make out!

I am in communication with another company that is offering $24 + shipping for the same kit, will let you know once I have shipping cost :smiley:

I would pay for fronting 6 too :wink:

-Jamie M.

Nice!

One of the suppliers told me to buy directly from KeyGos.com is for sale | HugeDomains for free shipping (looks like price is $36.99).

Still waiting to hear back on shipping quote for $24 guy!

-Jamie M.

Great job on the clip mod, I love it.

HJE equipment has them for $27.

It’s a really cool light, so far Benkie is the only one who has modded one and experienced flickering so I am not even sure it moddable with the drivers I use.

$27 is just for the light (descent deal at that), it’s $47 from them for the entire kit (battery, charger, holster, gift box). We can get the entire kit for $38 for less elsewhere :slight_smile:

EDIT: WOW!!! Just got a quote of $20.65 for just the light, right from TrustFire (including EXPRESS shipping by FedEx!!). I’ll ask them for a quote with China Snail Mail and also if they have the entire kit available!

-Jamie M.

It cost me $8bucks to ship a light and a couple batteries USPS across the US last time so I would rather stick just to the light to keep the shipping cost down or whatever we save in the price of the light will be lost in shipping after I reship it.

Makes sense, but I figured some/most people might not have 26650 batteries yet (or a charger for them). Maybe we can do half and half and people can choose what they need :smiley:

Waiting on two quotes directly from TrustFire, one for just the light with snail mail shipping, and one on the complete kit with snail mail shipping :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

I’d be in for just the light. Already have a charger and batteries. I think this would be a better alrounder than my Keygos m10

I'm torn on whether I'd be interested in the A8 or not. At a steep discount ($20 for light itself +E's mod) I could be persuaded. Heck, I might even go in on it without being modded by E.

-Garry

I got the final quotes from TrustFire, and here they are (by china snail mail):

$33.26/ea - FULL KIT including one TrustFire “Flame” 5000mah (4200 actual) 26650 battery, trustfire single battery charger, holster, gift box and A8

or

$20.55/ea - Just the A8 light.

Minimum order is 20, but you can mix and match like 10 of each or whatever.

If buying just the lights, it makes sense to get it sent by FedEx Express as it’s only an extra $.10c per light, but when shipping the full kits, fedex is $200 more! yikes!

Really really nice prices :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my light. Sometimes, when I try to turn on the light, the led won’t come on at all. I would need to switch it on and off a few times before the led lights up it, and even then when it does turn on, the lowest mode would flicker a bit and go out. The light acts normally after a switching through the modes a few times. Just wanted to bring this up and see if there was something wrong with the light. Thanks.

Check the solder blobs between the pill and the board and the wires to the led, sounds to me like there is not a good contact point for the current to flow. see if the tailcap switch is screwed in good and I mean the inside thread that sandwiches the switch not the tail cap itself.

First try cleaning all the threads with IPA and than putting some lube on them. Check the solder blobs down in the pill like Rozen said it seems I may have missed putting flux on a couple if they came loose you can send it back and I will fix it. Try removing the tail cap and running it with a wire or a penny if that fixes the problem it’s a tail cap issue. The tail cap will need be be disassembled, cleaned and lubed.

If none of that works send me a PM and you can send it back and I will fix it for you.

It does seem to be a problem with the tailcap. How would I open it up to clean it (I’m not very good with the technical stuff)?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to open it. Cleaned up the inside and tightened everything. It seems to be working so far.

New guy here, I’d like to purchase one if there are any left. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

+1 I used a twist style paperclip to turn the inside switch holder by the 2 holes. It felt like it was on tight, but the remove and replace solved a flickering problem mine developed.

Welcome to this nice place, Bankable!

The tail cap switch contacts on these have been troublesome. I had one that needed work right out of the box.