*SOLD* Group Buy Custom 5 mode UF 2100 *SOLD*

I’d be in for just the light. Already have a charger and batteries. I think this would be a better alrounder than my Keygos m10

I'm torn on whether I'd be interested in the A8 or not. At a steep discount ($20 for light itself +E's mod) I could be persuaded. Heck, I might even go in on it without being modded by E.

-Garry

I got the final quotes from TrustFire, and here they are (by china snail mail):

$33.26/ea - FULL KIT including one TrustFire “Flame” 5000mah (4200 actual) 26650 battery, trustfire single battery charger, holster, gift box and A8

or

$20.55/ea - Just the A8 light.

Minimum order is 20, but you can mix and match like 10 of each or whatever.

If buying just the lights, it makes sense to get it sent by FedEx Express as it’s only an extra $.10c per light, but when shipping the full kits, fedex is $200 more! yikes!

Really really nice prices :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my light. Sometimes, when I try to turn on the light, the led won’t come on at all. I would need to switch it on and off a few times before the led lights up it, and even then when it does turn on, the lowest mode would flicker a bit and go out. The light acts normally after a switching through the modes a few times. Just wanted to bring this up and see if there was something wrong with the light. Thanks.

Check the solder blobs between the pill and the board and the wires to the led, sounds to me like there is not a good contact point for the current to flow. see if the tailcap switch is screwed in good and I mean the inside thread that sandwiches the switch not the tail cap itself.

First try cleaning all the threads with IPA and than putting some lube on them. Check the solder blobs down in the pill like Rozen said it seems I may have missed putting flux on a couple if they came loose you can send it back and I will fix it. Try removing the tail cap and running it with a wire or a penny if that fixes the problem it’s a tail cap issue. The tail cap will need be be disassembled, cleaned and lubed.

If none of that works send me a PM and you can send it back and I will fix it for you.

It does seem to be a problem with the tailcap. How would I open it up to clean it (I’m not very good with the technical stuff)?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to open it. Cleaned up the inside and tightened everything. It seems to be working so far.

New guy here, I’d like to purchase one if there are any left. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

+1 I used a twist style paperclip to turn the inside switch holder by the 2 holes. It felt like it was on tight, but the remove and replace solved a flickering problem mine developed.

Welcome to this nice place, Bankable!

The tail cap switch contacts on these have been troublesome. I had one that needed work right out of the box.

So where is this headed? Group Buy? I think we need a new thread dedicated to this if so.

-Garry

I think we need to hear back from E1320 if he wants to try and tackle/mod this.

I’ve had a few messages from people saying that they don’t really care about removing the blinkie modes, and the stock driver already pulls good amps on IMR 26650 King Kongs, so I guess we could just do a group buy for unmodded lights?

I dunno, I’d really like E1320 to get his hands on one sample, and see if his modded light has the flickering problem, see how a Nichia High CRI LED works, etc. etc. then give us the results :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

Ok, at those group buy prices above, I'd still buy even if E doesn't mod it.

-Garry

Jamie why don’t you start a group buy thread for this light since I am still working on another 2100 group buy in this thread and this deal has nothing to do with me. I don’t want to take any heat if the deal goes sour.

As far as modding the lights go since this is such a heavy piece it will be difficult to repackage and ship. If people want there light modded they can send me the the pill only this will save on shipping because sending the pill twice will be much cheaper than sending a light battery and charger once.

I have some Nichia 219s and I would not recommend putting one in this light. I suspect it would be a disappointment since the reflector is not designed for a Nichia and it puts out far less light (450lumen) compared to an XML (900lumen). I also have some 7B XMLs I think people wanting an increase in CRI can go with this option instead and get similar light output as stock and also get a decent beam since the reflector is designed for an XML.

Thanks for the super detailed reply.

I agree that most people would probably be perfectly happy with the stock light, and those looking for more CRI or to get rid of blinkie blinkie could then send the light (or pill) to you for modding.

I’m pretty new here, and not sure how much of BLF’s user base is in Canada, so getting them shipped to me then shipped to most users in the USA would be more expensive than having someone in the USA host it.

I will send a message to KumaBear as they already expressed interest in helping with the group buy, offered to front the money for 6, and I’ll offer to front the money for the other 14 so we can make it happen or just purchase all 20 and use KumaBear for the shipping destination, as they are in the USA :slight_smile:

Will start a new thread (and let you know in this one), if we can make it happen.

-Jamie M.

Worst case scenario Kumabear only lives about an hour away from me and we could meet halfway to exchange lights if it turns out to be a large enough quantity that shipping is to expensive.

That’s awesome :slight_smile:

I just got some really great news from TrustFire, that might let me put together this group buy REALLY easily!! I e-mailed them back for confirmation on the prices and ship times, but this could be really spiffy!!!

Something like… “BLF users have these three choices:”

Option 1. Just the bare A8 light itself, directly shipped to you by snail mail from China
Option 2. Just the bare A8 light itself, shipped directly to E1320 for modding, by FedEx Express 2-5 day delivery!
Option 3. The complete package including A8 light, holster, gift box, 1 x Genuine 26650 “5000mah” TrustFire Flame battery and TrustFire TR-005 Charger shipped directly to you by snail mail from China.

Just working on the prices with TrustFire and if they’ll let us split up the 20 minimum order to different shipping addresses (they already said they would, but I think by “split” they thought I meant 10 to one person and 10 to another, lol) :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

Hi E1320,

Would you be able to post one of these modded UF2100 out to me in South Africa? If so, how much would the total be with a clip?

Thanks

Nice to meet ya, ldj111!