SOLD-Modded 2D maglite for sale-Price reduced $75-SOLD

Hi all,

Up for sale today are a pair of modded 2D maglites I started in April and only recently finished. Both lights are built for use with 8 NIMH AA cells in custom 4s2p battery carriers. Alkaline use is not recommended due to high amp draw.

Both mags sport aluminum heatsinks, quad-bored battery tubes, and FET drivers featuring 4 mode (Low-Med-High-Turbo) STAR firmware with off time memory.

The blue mag is a quad Nichia 219c D320 in 70+ CRI on Noctigon driven to around 20 amps by 8 freshly charged eneloops (cells not included). This light featured smooth S2 reflectors and a borofloat lens. The build techniques for flashlight and battery holder are nearly identical to those described in this thread. I would estimate output at around 3500 lumens with full cells.

The gray mag features an XM-L2 U2 3D emitter on a 31.5mm Maxtoch DTP MCPCB driven to around 8 amps by 8 full but rested eneloops. Output should be in the 1600 lumen range with full cells. I have tested this light extensively with rested eneloops and have had zero issues at seven to eight amps, however, this light should not be run on turbo with cells hot off the charger as emitter damage may result. The heatsink is copper wrapped aluminum rod and I used extra long 22 gauge silicone wires to increase resistance a bit. The use of a rebel reflector and a UCL lens from flashlightlens.com makes this flashlight an excellent thrower.

Beam shots as promised.

First the Quad.

Now the XM-L2 on the right vs. a Fenix TK 41 with an XM-L2 1D on the left in both pics.

Price including CONUS shipping is $85 $75 for the gray mag and $100 for the blue.+ Blue is sold! + Battery holders are included.

International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply with “I’ll take it” followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is kyfishguy@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Nice lights!! I wish I could afford them. Good luck with your sale! Although I know you don’t need luck cause your lights usually go quick. :money_mouth_face:

That blue is awesome. Too bad the Meteor discount took my money for the month. What is the estimated runtime on fresh cells?

Starts at 20 amps drawn from a 4 amp hour battery pack with amperage dropping over the course of the run. Probably fifteen or twenty minutes on turbo.

Bump for price reduction

nice,

i want to see more Maglite LED modifications. too many hosts need to bring them back to life.

great work