SOLD/SHIPPED: Copper slug for Ultrafire C8 And Uniquefire T20!

Vesture, do you have plans to make P60 copper pills in the future?
If you do, I’m definitely going buy 2-3.

i guess the more important question is are you willing to make pills for other lights?

Good morning everyone,

I'll try to cover all the questions thus far in this post if I miss anything just let me know.

dthrckt,

1. I have not had a chance to build a light with these, however the pill is as close to an exact clone as I can get. I did put an XML on one of these and put it in the light to check focus. With my light it produced a crisp image of the die with the head screwed all the way out. Since there is a range of variance between light to light some tweeking may need to be done for individual lights.

These pills should be an easy swap for about anyone. The best way to know is going to be to get a few out there in the hands of the experts. If for some reason a person is unable to use them no one will be "stuck" with anything. Just let me know and I will exchange or refund.

2. Yes a SinkPad is what I designed these for so they should have a nice fit with little effort.

Kevind43,

Yes, this was a great idea you had, I think we can all benefit from it :)

Thanks also to everyone for the kind words about my work, and for being so understanding about the cost on these.

Finally about the pills for other lights.

Lest give this a couple weeks and if everything goes well and the pills span the variance gap between lights etc I will consider making them for other popular lights.

payment sent for 1 copper slug(pill).

Thanks for the service.

0:)

if your willing to make slugs(pill) for hd2010, id be interested in couple…thanks again for the service.

PP sent for two! Thanks Again! I didn't re-check for fitting in to a C8, but I know when I was working on the T20, I tried a C8 pill in it and the threads fit perfect, and the top (LED side) looked like the same height, though on the driver side, the depth looked different. Even if I can't make it work in a C8, I could probably use it for another T20 - I really, really like the T20 - just seems high quality, I'm sure the glass lens helps.

I ordered the copper for these yesterday. I went ahead and got some extra.

I can’t wait to get mine. The light is already very good, these will make them awesome.

do you have enough for me to order 8, shipped to NZ?

Cheers!

Chris

HI Chris,

I should have enough material to make around 25 or so.

Ill PP you now?

Chris

PP’d $124 USD

Chris :slight_smile:

these are made to use a 20mm star and 17mm driver, right?
got an extra sinkpad, a xml2 should be here this week, and a 4a ramping driver that is looking like would be a great setup for my c108
edit: and will these be something we can also get made at a later date? only have one c8 type light right now, but that may change

mine came in the mail today. i am a machinist and specifically an engine machinist. i can tell you all, that the machine work on these is top notch. matt put an extra thick .240”(about 1/4’’) solid copper under the star pad. these are just the ticket for higher power mods to the uf-t20!

mine is going to be a weapon mounted uf-t20 with a red luminus pt-54 driven at 6.7A by a taskled H6CC with infinite dimming potentiometer and remote 4x18650 battery pack.

thanks matt

+3 Please make this happen.

WOW!!! can’t wait to hear how long you can run it before it gets too hot. does that driver have temp protection?

Are you kidding?! That's a absolute steal! Awesome work!

@ dthrckt . it probably won’t run too long before it gets hot. two things i have going for me….mounted on gun not in hand and used mostly in the winter outdoors in ambient temps of 40 degree F or less. and also will be used as shooting light not a scan light so it will be turned on only long enough to make the shot. - the h6CC does have thermal protection and it can be set to different temps by the user.-

edit:sorry. looks like h6cc does not have thermal protection i was looking at the lflex data sheet.

Since there’s some t20 modders here I’m asking if anyone knows if i’ll lose lumens by removing the plastic led centering and the white cover that sits on top of it.
On my light the plastic centering and the white cover was deformed by the heat, so the zoomed hotspot looked like a flower which annoyed me and made me remove them.
So i guess i’ll lose some lumens, does anyone know how much?