Some good prices on batteries: Sanyo/Panasonic etc.

Hmm… Are you sure you paid? Did you use paypal or a Visa card? When I order it says my order is placed and I get an order confirmation to my e-mail, but I never had to go through the official Paypal page entering my password and confirming so it is clear that I haven’t actually paid yet.

Paypal, but the shiping was free so it deducted 0.00 from my account.

Interesting, I would still put your chances at below 10% for getting them and would expect a ‘full refund’ to be made soon with an apology :wink: But it’ll be good to see how it turns out. I added 10 of the 3100s to my own order and am waiting for the shipping quote now.

Yeah I am extremely doubtful it will ship. I also made an order for 100 and a order for 1.

If my order of a 100 ships I'll do a giveaway. :)

Wait a minute! Hold the phone! Isn't that table (spreadsheet) in that link belong to HKJ??? Yep! See the same table posted in his review here.

-Garry

From the FAQ page: : I am sorry,our site is Wholesale price, our price is not including shipping cost, we will work out the shipping cost after we get your orders from our site,thanks~

NOT COOL

If you buy the new Tesla Model S car (cheap version) for $50,000 then you will get over 7000 top-of-the line Panasonic 18650 cells in the battery pack. You keep the batteries, and I’ll haul off the carcass for free :wink:

The ebay seller of Keeppower cells also rips off HKJ’s data - so HKJ now puts a copyright statement in there. He’s pretty relaxed about it (good job, as there’s not much he can do about it, I suspect).

I dont know if its really a ripoff, because Keeppower supplied the cells. I dont know how HKJ thinks about that..

How is openly charging customers for the actual shipping costs ‘not cool’?

In my opinion it is a much better business practice than just giving everyone ‘free shipping’ which means raising the prices on all the products in case of small orders.

With regards to the use of HKJs table I am split. I would guess they haven’t notified him/asked for permission to use the graph. However by being sent the cells by AW for the purposes of review I would say that any seller offering the same genuine AW cells could make a very good case for HKJ’s tacit consent in their use on the product pages.

If someone is sent something to review then surely their comments and data can be used to better inform potential customers about the actual product? That is after-all the whole purpose of the review process…

There are issues of course when someone ‘steals’ a picture/beamshot of a light taken by a hobbyist without asking and which was not intended for such a purpose. But to take data from a review on the same cells which were provided for that very purpose seems to me not only fair but a good course of action as it better represents the genuine characteristics of the product to anyone thinking of buying.

I think it may swing on whether the AW cells in question were provided by AW himself, a particular re-seller or bought by HKJ. In the first case the information should be used by all sellers to help sell the product, as that is what AW would have intended, in the second case perhaps only the re-seller who provided the cells would have a moral right to using the data and in the third case HKJ should probably be contacted before any re-use of his own results.

Makes sense to me. And according to the table, the cells were provided by AW for the review.

-Garry

As I say, HKJ is pretty relaxed about it - when I PM’ed him about the Keeppower eBayer (a seller, not Keeppower themselves), he said it happened quite often. In that case he embedded a link to his website in the table.

They have got some good prices on e-cig ecquipment, but yes, it looks like they will give a huge shipping cost for small orders, so it is like powerwholesale.

It looks like they are in the right to use the table then if they were provided by AW, it does annoy me when some of us on here so quickly jump to condemn a seller based on heuristics without actually considering the individual reasoning behind it.

I wouldn’t say shipping is ‘huge’ or even unreasonable. As I said in the OP they quoted me under $10 for a packet of 4 18650s; thats under $2.50 a cell and still keeps their price well below the next best price seller.

It is slightly annoying to have to make an order before being quoted the shipping price, but you don’t pay until afterwards and so are under no obligation to complete the transaction until after you know the full price you would be charged.

I agree. It might slow things a little, but if the bottom line is that the prices are good, including shipping costs, what’s the problem? It’s certainly not “not cool”, just a different business model, that may welll work to our benefit. We’ll see - I ordered a selection of cells, including the same “efest” IMR 18350 ones that bestinone offer (who ship “free” but add a “service charge”).

Do you know if the ‘efest’ IMR 14500s at $3.50 a pair are the same as the one sold by bestinone too?

To be honest, I was just going by the photos. Certainly this 14500 - even though description says 600mAh, photo is same as this - in fact identical photo.

I’ve ordered a couple, so if shipping is OK I’ll go ahead. Mind you, I have no way of checking capacity. In fact, I’m not even sure what I’ll put it in - Xeno E03 / Balder SE-1?

Deleted.