Some More HID Photos

I agree.

My money for the first one should be put back in my paypal account tomorrow.

But just use common sense on these on ebay as well. I would make sure from now on if the seller feedback isn’t 100% or like 99.8% then I would pass. Also make sure to buy from somone who has several transactions under their name. Read the feedback and see if others have bought any HID lights from them recently especially if that seller has severa listed. If not, I would pass. That’s my advice.

Remember if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck then you probably are dealing with a duck. Don’t be fooled by a duck.

Yeah, I already got my money back from my first try and have already placed an order for another. I'm guessing it is also a scam since it was so cheap, but since the seller had sold flashlights in the past with positive ratings I decided to go for it.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-rechargeable-45-65-85W-8500Lumen-HID-Xenon-8700mAh-Torch-Flashlight-Camping-Hiking-Wholesale-Retail/562029181.html

I would say that buying that one above would pretty much guarantee your going to get a good one.

ILF, while it probably will that is a good bit more than what I want to spend. I'm hoping to keep it under 100 dollars. :/

Not trying to start anything about your picture taking, the f-stop has an effect on how the light looks also. In some of your pics you are changing the shutter speed and the f-stop. Even though it did not change much, it does affect what the picture looks like. If you have full manual control, you can change just the shutter speed. You are probably already aware of this, but others may not be.

Yea I changed it on a few. And I also listed all the settings used on each photo.

I was just trying to say that’s why some pictures looked close to the others. If you increase both the shutter speed and the f-stop, the pictures can look very similar….

Yes. Like I said I’m just experimenting on these.

So do most of these lights use those monster special batteries? Hopefully not.

ILF - Scaru - What do you mean by scams? in regards to HID's?

are most bogus or im not quite sure..

ILF - Great pics..The one with the road twisting left to right is amazing..Looks like the beam is throwing past the turns and flooding the farthest side of the road. impressive

If you aim with a tree for example i think viewers get a much better sense of the beams' intensity and host spot or spill..

NZS - Problem with HID's is by the time she's warm some LED's

are already down field ..

Well, the first time I tried to buy a Ebay HID I got a fake tracking number and then the seller disappeared. I did get my money back though, so...

I bought another one. I placed the order 3 days ago and was given a tracking number. So far it has not updated, and when asked how long until it would update the seller responded in broken chinglish. (See my Chinglish to English Translation Thread) The second one may or may not have been a scam; but I'm thinking it may have been.

As for ILF he also ordered one and got scammed. He is gettting his money back tomorrow.

I didn't realize HID's were used as bait. The Ebay seller appears they only come thru when purchasing Dr Dre Ear buds..Thanks for the heads up.

My tip is just don't let the 45 day deadline pass, and if the seller gets booted off ebay call up ebay and ask to talk to a manager. Tell them that you want your money back, the seller is gone, it was a scam... Then you will get your money back.

Don't waste your time on the first level of CS people.

Yes, best thrower flashlight. I don’t believe it will beat the halogen. But man I am loving these HID flashlights. 10 sec warmup time isn’t bad at all. And man do they light stuff up and still have a lot of spill.

And I paid like $103 for it and still got scammed. One of these days maybe I will get the opportunity to meet want of these ebay scammers in person. Well that is my wish anyway.

I will go take a few of the halogen vs the 85watt HID flashlight.

Hi Brad,

Have you gone through this website lately?:

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product%20list.html

They have really big HID reflectored and aspherics too.

I guess I’m not seeing what your seeing.

This, at 12.8cm head diameter HID:

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/Crocodile.html

the 31 dont stock, but just wait till saabs newest creation comes out……
says hes going for WELL over 300,000 lux…
might make those egg cookers beg for mercy k…….