someone please help me with my most wanted flashllight.

wow thanks for all the recommendations.
i think im not too clear to stating what i wanted. no the tubes lights are not too floody and the c8’s are not too throwy.
if i can get a light thats as floody as a 2100, and throws like kd, ke 5, xintd c8, then i have found the perfect light.

but what i was saying is that i have all of these lights, but the c8’s are not floody enough, and my tube lights are not throwy enough. so i figure i like throw just a bit more than i do flood, which is why i wanted a shallow and orange peeled reflector c8.
it might not throw as well as my other c8’s but it will be more floody, and it may not be as floody as my tube lights, but it will out throw them. hope i make sense now.

multi emitter lights are good, but often need more than 2 cells. id like the light to use 2 cells max.
and that 5xq5 and uf 3xt6 light looks good but takes 3 cells.
and i just bought a 502b because thats what i thought would fit my most wanted light. but i was wrong. probably one my least favorite lights. throw was poor and and flood was pretty good, but i just didnt like the output. wasnt too bright.

My Trustfire F-15 is my floodiest C8 ...

Blue8llz,I think your quest for a fllody light will end with a light with the new MTG2 emitter.I have been messing around with mine and though not commercially available in flashlights,it would make for a really awesome flooder in the right reflector.I hope I didn't add to confusion,a large die emitter seems like something that you would like.

now we’re talking! yes, this is a candidate for sure! read that it comes with a orange peeled reflector and is very bright.

I set up a link to the X5-T6, a Citipower 502b. These are so bright, I think they are a U2.
The drop-in is labled and very well machined. It is basically a Solarforce L2 (P-60) drop-in. Everybody I gave them to, love them. They are super floody, white, bright, and not a bad thrower…

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_from=R40&\_sacat=0&\_nkw=x5-t6&\_sop=1&\_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

Just spend the $39 and buy an S-mini from ShiningBeam

no i got a 502b already, not bright and throwy enough. and i heard a e1320 modded 2100 or a hd 2011 is brighter than the s mini and i have both of those and they dont throw enough.

Ok, Ok, you cannot beat this one, just ask Rusty Joe about it:

that ultrafire doesnt have op reflectors? cant tell if it is deep or not though.
do you personally own that one? what other c8’s do you have?

Look for C5 with 40mm Bezel. 34mm x 24mm Ref. XML

The 3t6 I bought from manafont works with two or three 18650s. There is a tube you can unscrew from the handle to make it a two cell shorty.

This is the 3 or 2 cell version I bought:
http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-tr3t6-triple-xml-t6-5modes-memory-led-flashlight-3x18650-p-7443

It looks like it comes in a 2 cell version as well (cheaper and no extra extension tube included)
http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-tr3t6-triple-xml-t6-modes-led-flashlight-2x18650-p-7354

I have two 3T6s, and for the money, it is the best light. It is crazy bright…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261117358866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Do you ever dual-wield them?

those tf 3xt6 are well known. i remember reading alot about them. now that you can get them for $30. its very tempting.
i think i read that its even brighter than the king which is amazing. but if i use just 2x18650, will it be just as bright as 3x18650?

that uf c8 from lightmalls sounds like an awesome light. im sure its bright enough, and itll throw to my expectations, but you and rusty didnt talk about the flood/spill which is what im also looking for….so then this lightmalls c8 is no different than my kd or ke5.

sorry fellas, i do know im being picky …thats why im calling this my most wanted light. to tell you the truth, 5 is the mininum quantity id be purchasing once i find it. i mean it doesnt have to be only one exact same. if you guys recommend me 2-3 . id get the most popular suggestion and buy a few of each. i may end up with 10 new lights. i want to give them away as gifts also.

i will do research on them c5’s with 40mm bezels as well.
edit nope no such look finding any

most shallow reflectored flashlights are focus zoom ones ,such as SIPIK SK96

Mine is just as bright with 2 cells as it is with 3 cells. I don’t have a problem with reduced light output until I hit about 5v going into the driver (1 18650 or 4AA). It depends what driver you wind up with too as others here have mentioned that their light works just fine with 4AA NiMh.

Also, it’s def not brighter than the king. Even after JohnnyMac did the resistor mod to his 3T6 which bumps up the current, he said it’s almost comparable to the king. So stock, it’s def not as bright as the king.

i have a few of the flood to throw light. i like them alot. but its still not my most wanted light because their flood mode is not bright enough. even my modded uf t20 which throws like crazy, but on flood mode its not too bright.

ill prolly get one of those 3t6 for myself, but not to give as gifts. i think for those, i prefer only a single 18650.

anybody else in here know of a shallow and or an orange peeled c8?

ok, then that was probably the trustfire j12 then