Soonfire NS17 (Another MH20 Clone)

Is it quick click to turn on/off? Or do you have to hold switch?

It all depends where in the ui your at when its off. One click turns it on moonlight. If you click again within .5 second it goes to turbo. From turbo is you click again it turns off. From turning it on (moonlight) its 4 more clicks until turbo. If you wish to turn it off from any mode besides turbo you hold the button for about 1 second and it turns off. The strobe mode is hidden. To access it with the light turned off hold the button down for 1-1.5 seconds and strobe will come on. Strobe isn’t accessible with the light turned on already

Edit once in moonlight or middle modes a double click will go to the 1000 lumen turbo. And with a ncr18650b you get around 3 hours at that level

Thank you.

You don’t have to hold the switch to turn it on. (one click from off and starts in lowest mode) Subsequent clicks scroll through the 4 remaining brightness levels in ascending order, the last click after turbo is off.

- ultra low - low - med - high - ultra high - off

You do have to hold the switch to turn it off from any mode except turbo (hold about one second)

A rapid “double click” from any mode instantly activates Turbo. (but not from off)

It’s one click to off anytime your in turbo.

For the record the discount offer wasn’t for posting anything on the forum. Only for the review on Amazon.

I’m really happy with this light, but let it be known there are issues with the USB charge function on these (both nitenumen and soonfire versions)

Read about it here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/40032?page=1#comment-968785

Is their a step down ?

I’ve never seen one in the description it says something about a thermal sensor. But as far as a timed step down no. And I’ve never seen it get to hot to handle it gets warm but never uncomfortably hot. I use it in a 100+ degree warehouse with no problems

Thanks for clarifying. Much understood now

All these *Fire brands!

WasSupFire, OnFire, FriendlyFire, PutouttheFire.

The only thing I didn’t cover was the hidden disco modes:

From OFF press and hold for STROBE, another single click for SOS, next click is OFF.
There’s no hold for off function from either strobe mode, but if you press and hold while in SOS it goes directly back to STROBE.

At least there is no hold delay for ON. The hold for OFF is not bothersome at all, it’s real quick. And single click to OFF from turbo is nice, and the large diameter rubber button is great too.

………………

………………

It’s truly a great UI. Simple and well thought out. I prefer no mode memory. To me that just messes everything up. I only need quick access to the lowest mode and turbo.

I would have preferred a double click from off directly to turbo instead of strobe, but getting to turbo from off is relatively quick: One click on to low, then immediately a rapid double click. I can get then in about 1.5 seconds or less.

better to fire SOON, than LATE :wink:

I just picked up a Soonfire NS17. Awesome light for basically $20 with a good 3400 mah panasonic battery. Total cost $33.99 to my door in 2 days. It makes you realize what a rip off the “big name” lights like Fenix and Nitecore are. Got a like new Fenix PD35 Tac for sale if anyone is interested. :smiley:

I lol’d at the name. “Soonfire”, it’s like they’re warning you there’s going to be fires soon if you purchase it :stuck_out_tongue:

Is the nitenumen exactly the same like this ? The nitenumen comes in a new revision soon because the old one had a little flaw regarding the internal charging. I usually buy such lights at gearbest or banggood, the customer service is really good now and i always got my money back when i got a lemon (after i send them a video as a proof). It happens not often and that light is probably 20 dollar in china. Yeah i like to save money, im not a millionaire

I got one of the Soonfires for 17 bucks on Amazon a few months ago. It’s a rebranded Nitenumen. Even has Nitenumen written on the driver.

it’s solid, includes a good battery, has strobe and SOS, and also is USB rechargeable. so, yeah, $34 (less than half of nightcore-equivalent cost).

That name though… :smiley:

i would think the name is just a language issue. they probably were looking for synonyms for “fast” and instead of QUICKfire or something, they chose SOONfire thinking it meant the same thing. just a guess. mine is charging and shining good, so i’m ok with the name. :slight_smile:

Any way to identify the version with the problem?