Sorry - duplicated deal - New Genuine HP 395753-251 PB995A 12-Cell Li-on Battery (Ebay - $12.99 free shipping)

Do you think that because the bottom one says “Replaces….” on the left label?

Also, FYI, I had to use a magnifying glass, but in tiny letters on the bottom right label, the one I have has:

DYNA-WJ-SANYO DYNA-WJ CM2

Jim

TOP: Genuine
BOTTOM: Generic

The bottom battery is definitely a generic battery pack; it isn’t trying to even pretend that it is a genuine HP pack. The first one I got was definitely genuine. I don’t think that they intentionally duped me; it is more likely that years ago someone replaced my pack with a generic and they didn’t think to check the label on the pack before they shipped it out.

That’s the good one.

BTW, per the subject of the OP, the original auction/item was titled “New Genuine HP 395753-251 PB995A 12-Cell Li-on Battery”.

The one I got is NOT a PB995A, but HSTNN-DB10, so that’s already not right :(…

I hope that that’s the case, and that they make good on it for you :(… but, looking at the part #s I posted, it still seems like there’s a little bait-and-switch going on :(…

Sorry…

Jim

Thanks for the heads-up. I just sent an email to inandoutcomputer regarding this matter. I just ordered another one earlier today.

I tried to get them to combine shipping on a couple batteries. Two fit in the same flat rate envelope, so they wouldn't lose any money, but they don't seem to understand that. Like seriously clueless.

That's messed up. Let us know how they or paypal handles it.

Had time this morning to dig out these cells. I did get an HP pack with red top Sanyo UR18650FJ cells. A very well made pack with strong welds. Three, four cell clusters inside.

Unfortunately, standing voltages were 2.19(x4), 2.20(x4), and 2.22(x4). I have one cell on the hobby charger at .5amp and four cells in the i4.

Guess I’ll see if these hold.

Update after charging……

Started at 2.20V and charged at .5a until complete at 4.20V Took 2097mah. Cell rested for 24 hours and settled at 4.12V.

Leaving half the cells uncharged at 2.20V until they are needed.

I thought that was a good voltage for new, never charged cells, unless I misunderstood other posts here.

I sent a message last night, they already responded this morning. They are sending a replacement battery today. Didn’t need to resort to PayPal. As a seller, I always prefer that my customers contact me with their issues before resorting to other means because it often is a simple and honest mistake that can be taken care of without involving third-parties.

All my multiple item orders came in one envelope or box. All their items are 'Free shipping', anyway.

That’s great, Did they let you keep the generic ones? Also have you tested those?

They just responded to my query of the genuineness of their packs, and they assured me they are.

Yes, they are letting me keep them as far as I know. I didn’t pull them apart after I realized what had happened, so no I haven’t done any tests on them. I will probably pull them apart when I get some time and report back here.

I used to service and buy replacement parts for thousands of laptops that our company had out on rent; all kinds of makes and models. I can tell you that in general, the generic laptop cells do not even come close to comparing with a genuine, which doesn’t give me much hope for these 18650s. Where a genuine might last at least a year of heavy use, the generic were usually junk in 3-4 months, or less. They lose capacity at an alarmingly fast rate.

As you said, shipping is 'free', but it's not really free.

I have no doubt that the first pack I received was genuine, and also that the other packs that you all have received are genuine. As long as you get “brand name” cells inside (Sony, LG, Sanyo, Samsung, Panasonic, etc.) then the pack is genuine. Even if it weren’t, who cares at that point? All you want are the cells anyways.

Like I said before, I just think that my pack was just a simple mixup. If you have ever run a business, you know that it happens. They are making it right for me and that is what counts. They have been great to deal with so far.

PM sent

Luminous, is that right? Mine had 4, 3 cell clusters, with attachement points at each junction so the charging ports could monitor the groups. Well made pack, but I got into it with a 1” wood chisel in about 5 minutes. :slight_smile: Uh, that might sound bad. I used the chisel like a blade, inserted the fine edge along a seam and twisted, breaking open the weld. The chisel is stout, makes it easy to do the twist.

Mine had 3 sets of 4 batteries. Each set was attached with a kind of “X” shaped tab, so the clearance between the battery ends was pretty close. My wife let me borrow one of her nail scissors to cut the tabs apart, and they were surprisingly easy to cut through.

Lol, I see what you’re saying. The cells were in 3 series, 4 times. Such that 4 were attached, then another 4, then the third 4. I separated mine in accordance to the series. So I had 4 tubes of 3 batteries in series, then I cut them apart. And yeah, it wasn’t all that difficult. More difficult for me to get the tabs to snap off clean. I need to clean up the little weld points a bit.

What’s the best way to go about that operation? Getting the little sharp points from the tab welder off the top and bottom of the cell so it’s smooth?