Sp10pro battery check and beacon mode broken?

Hello everyone,

On my sp10pro, i cannot use the battery check amd beacon modes anymore:

1. I checked if i was in advanced mode.
  2. When 3c from off, it should blink out the battery voltage. Except it only fives one very short blink, and stays off.
  3. Even though it is off, it is still in the blinkies group bevause 2c will show temperature check blinks, which is also continuing to blink as normal (though it isn’t calibrated burrently).
  4. 2c will cycle it to beacon mode, which also flashes once quickly then remains off.
  5. 2c will cycle it to sos, which cycles once then remains off.
    2c should cycle it back to voltage check, which is still one short blink, then off.

Other modes work (3h from off to blink modes)
[Edit] when entering blinky modes (candleflicker), it will do that wor a second or two and then change to “normal”/non blinky light. It will automatically throw itself out of the blink mode.

Factory reset did not work (13h from off in simple mode)
Different battery also did not work.

Any idea what could cause this and how to fix it?

Make sure the battery is fully charged.

Do Factory Reset by holding the power button while tightening the tailcap over the battery.

And keep holding the power button while the light gets brighter, and continue holding the button until there is a bright flash, and the light turns off

did it work? :wink:

1 Thank

Battery is fully charged.
I tried the factory reset already.

• when keeping the button pressed for factory reset, it flashes when the tailcap is tightened. After a while it turns on, ramps up, then ramps down, then starts flashing with short flashes until the button is released.

Unfortunately, no change in behaviour.

hmmm, good description…

fwiw, when tightening the tailcap, the flash confirms the circuit is connected. This usually happens when Not holding the button.

the next part of your description, ramping up, then down would be normal when holding the button after the light has been off, but the short flashes are not normal.

Im wondering if there is a poor ground contact. So the next thing I suggest you try, is to clean off the lubrication on both ends of the body tube, and also inside the tailcap contact ring, and inside the head contact ring.

sometimes excess lube can interfere with electrical contact. After removing any excess lube, screw the head and tail on nice and snug.

btw, sometimes the use of a protected LiIon battery can interfere with good contact, because they are longer than a standard AA and AA Eneloop

If by chance you are using a protected LiIon battery, that could be the issue.

1 Thank

Cleaned all the contacts with isopropyl alcohol, no dice. Then relubed the o-rings, and it worked again (jay!)

My best guess is that you were right and it did not make proper contact.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot!

Very welcome :+1:

Glad the light is working properly again :beer:

1 Thank