SP31V2.0 LH351D version are available on sofirnlight website

Do these new colors SP40’s come with the short 18350 tube in the same color anodisation, with a tailcap magnet, and are they available in the same 3 tint versions (3000, 4000, 5500) as the ‘regular’ black version? All that data is missing from the specs/order options on the website but might be nice to know before ordering. :question:

I would have LOVED a Desert Tan SP40, but just saw it was mentioned here about a week after I ordered a black one! :person_facepalming: I haven’t even received it yet!

What is the input voltage range of SP70 Driver?

Wondering if it can support 3S input, 12.6 volts?

and what is the diameter of the Driver board?

https://sofirnlight.com/driver-of-sp70-p0050.html

I think it will be normal fet or fet+1 driver with Anduril. Also in normal version there is PWM control. If new IF25A have programming pins it will be more interesting, without them i prefer regular one with uniqe tint shifting.

I think the IF25A looks pretty interesting! 4000k would’ve been about tint I’d have kept the original IF25 at anyway…
With the increased maximum output, it reminds me of a D4V2 - just cheaper, chonkier, and with built-in charging.

Looking forward to the eventual reviews, so we can see how the driver behaves!

surprised I missed this IF25A looks great and the desert tan is cool too.

It would be real cool if the IF25A had a desert sand option!

Thanks for your thought. It would be a shame, but being able to use 21700s compensate the gradual decrease of brightness to some extent I think. I’ve been waiting for this platform for sometime, 21700 compatible, side switch, sst20s HI-CRI(although not using the best tint bin, but that’s fine), compact and utilised Anduril firmware. I was longing for the release of EDC18 21700 version, but things seem to get smaller and smaller over there so for me this IF25A is promising enough.

It is on sale as L shaped tool flashlight. It has clip, but no headband, no 18350 short tube.

What’s the difference between the IF25 and IF25A?

Does the IF25A version with 95 CRI still put out 3800 lumens?

No tint ramping on IF25A and higher output than IF25

Does the IF25A version with 95 CRI still put out 3800 lumens?
Forgive my ignorance, what is the point in this new IF25A model?
I appreciate a lot of enthusiasts like Anduril UI, however the original IF25 already has a pretty comprehensive and intuitive UI considering the additional Tint functionality it needs to accommodate. It even allows switching between stepped and ramping outputs, plus hidden flashies. What exactly would Anduril provide that is not already covered (apart from customising output)?
Surely the most appealing feature of this entire model IS the variable & ramping Tint. Adjustable from 2700K to 6500K with the lower already being Hi-CRI.
That is the single function that actually makes this Sofirn model innovative and distinguishes it from the multitude of 3/4 emitter competition!
By the time you mix both tints to achieve 4000K (if 6500K is 70-CRI, and 2700K is 95-CRI), how far down the CRI scale would 4000K actually be?
(Quick math : If CRI is relative to the LED temperature, then +1300K @ 70CRI to 2700K @ 95CRI = 95CRI - 14CRI = 4000K @ 81-CRI)
Having said all that I would be interested in the OG IF25 in the new colorways!
ARH

Forgive my ignorance, what is the point in this new IF25A model?

I appreciate a lot of enthusiasts like Anduril UI, however the original IF25 already has a pretty comprehensive and intuitive UI considering the additional Tint functionality it needs to accommodate. It even allows switching between stepped and ramping outputs, plus hidden flashies. What exactly would Anduril provide that is not already covered (apart from customising output)?

Surely the most appealing feature of this entire model IS the variable & ramping Tint. Adjustable from 2700K to 6500K with the lower already being Hi-CRI.
That is the single function that actually makes this Sofirn model innovative and distinguishes it from the multitude of 3/4 emitter competition!

By the time to mix both tints to achieve 4000K (if 6500K is 70-CRI, and 2700K is 95-CRI), how far down the CRI scale would 4000K actually be?
(Quick math : If CRI is relative to the LED temperature, then +1300K @ 70CRI to 2700K @ 95CRI = 95CRI - 14CRI = 4000K @ 81-CRI)

Having said all that I would be interested in the OG IF25 in the new colorways!
ARH

Agree with all your points.

Suspect Sofirn are aiming the IF25A at folk who are looking for higher lumen output and are not overly concerned with the ramping option. 4000K is considered a pretty good tint.

Decent tint, great CRI, and 3800 lumens at only $30 is a fantastic package, if it actually does what the specs imply…understanding specs shouldn’t require looking at the data sheets for the emitters. Including ramping would’ve been nice, but it’s not a loss considering the other specs. That’s IF the high CRI version still puts out 3800 lumens.

Lack of specs is one of my pet peeves. I’ll definitely order it if Sofirn specifically says the high CRI version puts out 3800 lumens, and almost certainly won’t order it if they won’t clarify the specs.

I agree with leaftye on this one: The shared specs sound great but are a little thin on rather important details!

While I’m not always a fan of the price, I do appreciate how Fenix gives buyers complete specs (runtimes, intensity, lumins, etc) for all modes. They even provide fairly accurate performance graphs so you know how their lights perform over time. I wish other manufactures would do that!

Tint ramping and the price is what is most appealing about IF25. The others features like 18650/21700 battery support and USB-C charging are just icing on the cake. There’s nothing else like it on the market; it fills a niche and does it well. My IF25 is plenty bright as it is.

Some of the issues brought up by Lux-Perpetua are moot with the addition of Anduril firmware but… that brings some issues of it’s own. For one thing Anduril does have tint ramping built in and it is usable with the Anduril Lantern (LT1) firmware. Of course the firmware would need to be tweaked and the driver would need 2 channel support. I suspect Sofirn had no input from TK, just like with the Q8 Anduril version.

One last thing. I swap between FW3A and IF25 for EDC. I would like to have accessories for the IF25/IF25A like a (1) Deep carry reversible pocket clip (2) Magnetic tail cap and a (3) Diffuser.

The IF25A doesn’t have tint ramping though.

IF25A 6500K will give you max 3800LM (tested in lab)

but IF25A 4000K high CRI will not give max 3800LM, but about 2800LM (Not tested but estimated)

If you prefer higher lumens, choose 6500K tint with standard CRI.

If you prefer high CRI and warmer tint, choose 4000K tint with high CRI.

Black clip or silver clip of SP40 in Desert Tan and Green, which color of the clip is better?

Barry, when is the IF25A going to be released? Anymore details of the driver used, some beamshots or any accessories like magnetic tailcap?