SPECIAL SALE Panasonic NCR18650A $5.99!

Thank you, I’m glad it’s OK to do that, I guess my googling for sorely needed information that was lacking from this thread wasn’t entirely wasted.

I’m saddened by the controversy – and sorry as well.

The post for the Special Sale on the Panasonic NCR18650A was not written hastily.

That specific product had been a point of discussion on other threads – thereby contributing to the reasoning behind selecting it as the sale item.

I had no idea that confusion about the product would ensue – but it’s now patently clear that it did. Not only that, but at least a couple of “seasoned BLF members” were indeed among those that were not certain whether this was a Keeppower Brand (Protected) Cell or an unprotected Panasonic NCR cell. (I’ve found that fact to be very important.)

With that said, I would like to express my sincere regret for the confusion I caused.

From now on, we will be sure to use the words “unprotected” or “protected” to avoid any possible confusion.

By the way, we’ve sourced batteries from more than one company – not just Keeppower – and we’re in discussions to increase the number of sources.

Meanwhile, and from the bottom of my heart, I would like to apologize.

Very Best Regards and Happy Holidays to All!

KumaBear Bob

Bob - your original posting was clear as could be to me, no need to apologize in my mind. Already PM'ed you for an order of 4 earlier today. I support you 100%! This will be my third order and more to follow I'm sure... Thanks! Love your service and support.

Of course it’s ok to waste your time scouring the web for that which - were it not for your recent sorely obfuscative and innocently ignorant posts - you could have most easily read here on this forum.

Wouldn’t surprise me if these were posts from someone meant to derail Kuma Bear’s fledgling enterprise! I saw this happen before…

Just make sure to find out who manufactured that protection circuit on your new cells :open_mouth:

geez, i can not believe that bob is getting ANY grief for trying to offer up a deal on high quality cells for an exellent price that you will receive in ~2-3 days. i am a noob of all noobs but after reading previous threads here knew exactly what he was talking about. personally i screwed up and ordered some 502bs for presents and somehow forgot to order cells for them. needless to say i have my order in for 4!

ken

LOL, I’m amazed at how determined you are to to keep harping at me and in a personal tone, because of my post to the retailer regarding my business with him.

How about you step off a little bit and let the retailer handle his own business interaction and explanations with annoyed customers?

Oh, yee if such few posts:

your allegations against KumaBear were of a personal tone, identical to that which you so brazenly charge against me… if I wanna’ step in it’s my perogative as well (quoting you “LOL, ok”)

I’m amazed you scoured the web… whatever - as you conclude - “(an) annoyed customer(s)”: only if you don’t buy from fastech :slight_smile:

Yeah… really!

+1

Same for me.

You have more than made any relevant points you could have made in regards to my posting to the retailer that was trying to sell me batteries and who I was interacting with, why not let the retailer control his own thread, and not have it hijacked by you, as you take on and insult his customers in some strange role?

Update on Special Sale for “unprotected” NCR18650A

The OP, Posts #12 and #21 say pretty much everything regarding this “little” controversy that we can say.

I’ve received a large number of supportive and welcome PMs regarding this issue.

Also, even veterans who had been confused by the wording (or might have been a little “peeved” and/or disappointed originally) have gone so far as to send new customers our way – thank you for that.

We would also like to thank those who publically “spoke up” in support.

Although we were surprised and disappointed that an attempt to do something nice for BLF members turned into a problem, we do take full responsibility and we’ve tried to explain and rectify things as best we can.

Nevertheless, after thinking about it – we thought of one more positive gesture we could make and we would like the BLF community at large to be aware of it:

Anyone who may have been confused and ordered prior to the clarification in Post #12 has already been given their choice of the “unprotected” Panasonic NCR18650A or the Keeppower Brand Protected Panasonic NCR18650A – at no additional cost.

Again, please accept my personal apology and I hope this “puts the issue to rest.”

Best Regards and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

KumaBear Bob

Hey KumaBear, the links in your signature are broken. 8)

Bob - If the sale is still avaiable i'll take

4x of the NCR18650A 3100mAh. shoot me a pm with PP to follow

Yes i purposely left out PCB/or not because this would be and is redundant. Chill..Were not in grade school your here along with everyone else for the same reason. Thus when inquiring about something as standard as a lithium cell such as the one on sale? And im a but surprised , folks you cant blame Bob or claim ignorance. You can blast me all day but the fact is like 100% of Lithium cells unless specified as Protection/PCB circuit added its always a lithium cell and its unprotected. Never was protected unless someone adds a protection PCB.

Very nice :cowboy_hat_face:

Darkside,

Let the non-existent controversy be. Bob did not misrepresent anything and members just wanted clarifying, that’s all. Not everyone is totally immersed in lithium battery nomenclature. I’ve been a member of this forum since it began and ran into this thread by accident when googleing for 18650 batteries.
Let’s allow this thread to be about the “Special Sale”.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Cheers and Happy Holidays

This Special Sale is Officially Over

Thank you very much for your interest and

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!

Thanks a bunch.