srk 6x xml2 for $42 from fasttech thread

The light link.

Who will go first? Initial guesses at lumens? All 4200?

If their tailcap reading is correct, I believe the emitter lumens will only be around 1300. That's fine with me because if I get one, I'm modding it.

well i have noticed that the “tailcap readings” are always 2800 mA unless they actually take a reading.

Interesting

Has anyone calculated the lumens at 6A through the emitters, 3vs 6 LEDs ?
Maybe 3xml vs 3xml2…?

Have you seen the driver mode specs, high and low strobe with long press…sounds good.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10006532/1502200-lw-u2-1-cree-xm-l-u2-4-mode-800lm-led-flashlight

hahahah fugly made me laugh

2600 w/6.

2300 w/3

Sure 6 XM-Ls will give higher output but most of these lights just end up with too much flood..

They should have used 6x XP-G2s... Not larger emitters than that.. Should even have considered XP-E2s if its less than 6A. Both options would have made the beam better IMO. And probably would have made the light cheaper as well..

Or sold it as a host since that's what many of us really want.

I never thought about it that way, but that is a good point. My SRK 3 x XM-L has GOBS of flood…almost too much…would like to see someone mod this as you mentioned above…hint hint :wink:

Thanks, I was too lazy to search the link to the cree comparator…
Both XML2 t6s?

Imagine what a host would cost if the whole thing with driver and six LEDs and assembling costs only 42$…

They should have been XM-L2 T6's.

Hmm...wag...

$12: $2 per LED w/MCPCB x6

$2: driver

$28 for a host sounds fair.

- I had this light ( in XM-L T6 form) already for over a month.
i did a comparo test here: I wonder if this XM-L2 version will be better or worse.

is yours with xml2’s?

Not to discount your review (I read the whole thing and it was of much value) but it seems you got the srk xml, whereas the op is a 6xl2 xml2.

Interesting, I didn’t notice that. Thread title says SRK, but the FT link is just a generic 6x xml2?

I over looked that the one here lists an XM-L2, the one i have and compared was XM-L T6

to swap the emitter to XPG/XPE or even nichia 219, do we need to mods the driver or just let it as it is? Will be interesting to see multiple XPx emitter. Certainly will be cooler and optimum on that amperage reading…

anyway the host is the exact same as KUNG from ebay…notice the curve on the body…

I labelled it as an SRK because it looks just like an SRK but indeed it really isn’t.