srk 6x xml2 for $42 from fasttech thread

Sure 6 XM-Ls will give higher output but most of these lights just end up with too much flood..

They should have used 6x XP-G2s... Not larger emitters than that.. Should even have considered XP-E2s if its less than 6A. Both options would have made the beam better IMO. And probably would have made the light cheaper as well..

Or sold it as a host since that's what many of us really want.

I never thought about it that way, but that is a good point. My SRK 3 x XM-L has GOBS of flood…almost too much…would like to see someone mod this as you mentioned above…hint hint :wink:

Thanks, I was too lazy to search the link to the cree comparator…
Both XML2 t6s?

Imagine what a host would cost if the whole thing with driver and six LEDs and assembling costs only 42$…

They should have been XM-L2 T6's.

Hmm...wag...

$12: $2 per LED w/MCPCB x6

$2: driver

$28 for a host sounds fair.

- I had this light ( in XM-L T6 form) already for over a month.
i did a comparo test here: I wonder if this XM-L2 version will be better or worse.

is yours with xml2’s?

Not to discount your review (I read the whole thing and it was of much value) but it seems you got the srk xml, whereas the op is a 6xl2 xml2.

Interesting, I didn’t notice that. Thread title says SRK, but the FT link is just a generic 6x xml2?

I over looked that the one here lists an XM-L2, the one i have and compared was XM-L T6

to swap the emitter to XPG/XPE or even nichia 219, do we need to mods the driver or just let it as it is? Will be interesting to see multiple XPx emitter. Certainly will be cooler and optimum on that amperage reading…

anyway the host is the exact same as KUNG from ebay…notice the curve on the body…

I labelled it as an SRK because it looks just like an SRK but indeed it really isn’t.

I bought one of these off of e-bay but it’s only the XML version. I have XP-G2 R5’s on the way for it. I only paid $34 for it but I still would have rather bought this one. The L2’s would have been nice for another mod. I’ll have $46 into it. I’m not sure but I think I will also de-dome the XP-G2’s or at least some of them.

An option for this Fast tech one would also be to de-dome.

I got the e-bay one today. Them e-packets are nice they ship fast.

I’m not a big fan of this light the way it is. Big hot spot is kind of nice but it has rings in the beam pattern that I don’t like. XP-G2’s are on the way and should be nice in it.

If anyone buys this please make a review. I have an srk with 3 xm-l1’s and I was seeing if this is much brighter and since its not a real srk, how the build quality is.

I just bought a black one from fasttech, 40$ after coupon code BLF. I like this body style better than the old SRK, it looks more futuristic.

I will dedome the outer 5 xml2`s, install thicker wires for the led`s and a resistor mod on the driver with your help guys !

Dont know how this differs from the one posted earlier except for a bit cheaper price and Ultrafire branding. Both on Fasttech too.

” UltraFire L-6XL2 6*Cree XM-L2 T6 3-Mode 4000LM LED Flashlight UltraFire L-6XL2 6*Cree XM-L2 T6 3-Mode 4000LM”:http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10006645/1520100-ultrafire-l-6xl2-6-cree-xm-l2-t6-3-mode-4000lm

Im a bit tempted though. I still dont have a single SRK or SRK clone…

The one with the Ultrafire branding seems to be identical, from the pictures the driver board is the same too.
The cheaper Ultrafire one does not have the lanyard and the spare o-ring.

Would love to know how these actually perform.

It also seems that the beam does not have the ring like the skyray 6*XML1st generation ones.

So i decided to get the XM-L2 version, and my brother got the XM-L2 version of the 4-emitter SRK.
The XM-L2 versions seem to be a hint brighter than the T6 versions of the 3-emitter, 4-emitter, and 6-emitter Kings, but the Skyray Kung M4 XM-L T6 that i bought when it first came availiable is still very noticably brighter than all of them, with even more throw AND floodier than all the other variations, and brighter than my brothers Warrior 3-XM-L.
I must have been lucky to get a really good stock hard-driven Kung. ( also my Kung is pulling oddly high amps at the tail cap, just under 10 amps, which may explain its phenominal output of light that kicks the butt of every other SRK variation we tried.