SRK goes 80+ CRI and 30+ Watt. Why choose between CRI/TINT and brightness when you can have both? :)

That qlite driver's moonlight is great, how about this picture of the XM-L2 5B1 80 CRI:

It is apparently a challenge to make an even phosfor layer, look at that colour variation and the blue edge! I took a look at a Nichia219 4300K high CRI as well (at 0.5 mA), I guess it does not influence performance but they do a better job at making an even phosfor layer (this picture is even more enlarged than the last one (smaller die):

Regarding these new XML2 80+CRI T4 bin emitters.

While checking out the Cree XML2 data sheet, I noticed the highest bin listed for 80+CRI is the T3 bin.
XML2 datasheet:
http://www.cree.com/led-components-and-modules/products/xlamp/discrete-directional/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/XLampXML2.pdf

Is this just a case of Cree not updating data?

Nice mods :slight_smile: i been contemplating various mods for the various SRKs i have.

Like RaceR86, you are not looking where you should, read that PDF and you will eventually see you need to read this document: http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/XLampXMBL.pdf

Thanks Hikelite, appreciate the link.

Hey!! That was a one time error a few months ago! ;p (you should not do the mistake and assume I still do)
Since then I have probably visited the binning and labeling document more than than most people…
I was probably not the first, and The_Day will probably not the last to do that mistake.

Thanks. If you have several, putting in some nicer emitters and upping the juice does the trick. Especially the emitters. I have used the light a lot lately and its great!
I still have a stock SRK (will be modded ofcourse). There is no doubt which one I always bring with me.
In terms of output, the difference is not much. My other King is about 2,3A average to each CW XM-L T6. But in terms of tint and color rendering, the difference is huge! The light from this one is just so much more pleasing. :heart_eyes:

Like most of my lights, just because this is modded once, does not mean its done… Its quite rare that I don’t mod a light a bit more a few months after it is “done”… :stuck_out_tongue:

i just got one of these emitters yesterday - its going into my supfire x5 (c8 type light) today

It was a few months ago? I remember it like it was 2 weeks ago. Sorry about that.

No problem (it was close to 3 months). To me its a long time, because the majority of my light have gotten driver and emitter changes in that time. I had close zero XP-G2s, XM-L2s or Nichias back then.
I have learned a lot since then… Still learning, and still doing some mistakes. :slight_smile:

Tell us how you like it! :slight_smile:

i just finished putting in this emitter in my supfire x5 - very nice! a bit more towards neutral than my t5 5b1

Read your comment here too.

Thanks for sharing some feedback. Glad you liked it too! So far, I have not heard of anyone who does not think its good. Sure, it may not be everyone’s favorite, but I believe that people who are are dedicated to CW, or quite warm WW, the T4 5B1 should be likable to most.

I was just out with my 9x CW XM-L lumen monster (recently got the light, and just got some 26650 batteries for it) Sure its insanely bright… And no doubt considerably brighter than my SRK… but…

vs

…you get the picture… Choice was easy…

i enjoy all tints that i have tried honestly… each one has its place

Interesting work.