strange no one come up with a better torch than skyray king

JC - Where can i find an illuminated button?

Thats a good looking light, hadnt seen that one before, was hoping to find something that took 26650’s as I have some good ones! actually have just ordered this about 2 mins ago!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1057203

we’ll see if this one actually turns up!

btw I grew up in Wigan , whereabouts are you?

THe T08 is a great light, John. You’ll like it a lot!

One question for you...what is a "lurcher"?

Unfortunately I can't find one like is found on the new Nitecore lights. I'm going to try these mounted under the stock switch ring.

I did order one of these too just for the hell of it.

If you find a switch, specifically with 12 x 1.0 threading, that would be perfect!

The problem is, the output at 2,000+ level (vs 3,000+) isn’t pronounced enough to notice. The SRKing has just recently spoken to my heart again and is currently sitting by the bed as an immediate “night light” of sorts. lol

It’s just that for the money, nothing beats it.

Hi John, I’m just off woodhouse lane in Springfield.

Johnnymac, a lurcher is fairly big hunting dog used for hare coursing, think of a wippet on steroids…. :bigsmile:

Hopefully john will give you a more accurate description. :slight_smile:

John, one well liked 26650 light it the hd2010, there’s plenty written on it on here. Might be worth a look.

I am using what looks very much like a clone of that light at the moment, must get it out of the truck and compare it to the pics….had to have the king in the end though or rather the fandyfire clone

know it well, went to school at The Deanery .My folks still live up in Winstanley.

My Mrs went to deanery, I’m an astley lad myself, I emigrated lol. If you’ve got an hd2010, there’s probably not much point in a zy-t08 tbh - same size reflector.

You’ll have to let us know next time your up. :bigsmile:

As far as I can tell, nothing beats it for twice the money.

Unless perhaps you’re fond of cheap multi-XM-L plungers, which don’t appeal to me at all.

The few i found required a higher output then what will work. The 2nd link you provided seems like a winner. When i do find a good switch i'll PM you the info...Thanks JC

curious why did you say this? XML T6 is XML T6, putting a good driver and 3 XML2 U3 will beat SRK. no?

Sure, if you get higher-quality emitters or drive the emitters harder with better heat management, you can get more lumens. One example is the BTU Shocker — it apparently gets 3000 lumens from three XM-L emitters, compared to 2500 from the black Skyray King (XM-L U2). But the value of a torch is about more than just its lumens. The Shocker is a lot bigger and a lot more expensive, with a different purpose, has a really inconvenient switch, and is generally a different class of product.

Compared to the Skyray King, I haven’t found any products which offer anywhere near as good a blend of price, lumens, lux, size, build quality, aesthetics, runtime, heat management, and overall usability. It’s little, bright, relatively cheap, pretty, well-made, and seems to be the best in its class.

However, if they make improved versions with better emitters or add a Zebralight-like interface with more levels and ultra-lows (without significantly raising the price), I’ll probably get one. It’s not worth enough to me to buy a ZL S6330 though.

Ahh…whippet on steroids…

:bigsmile:

I posted a thread asking how to improve the Skyray King. There are some ideas on how to improve the Skyray King by other forumers.

Perhaps someone could try the ideas out, as I am clueless to how to do them.

If only they could have better modes on the skyray king. Programmable levels or at least a medium mode. They could even go for awesome & use an attiny chip with a accessible programing header! :heart_eyes:

While I’m dreaming unscrew the tail to access a microUSB for CC/CV charging & USB A 2amp for cell / tablet backup power. :party:

While everyone else is looking for more modes, more bells & whistles i’m looking for fewer!!

ok so how does one add an image straight off the puter instead of URL?

One doesn’t. You have to upload them to some place, like photobucket, and link from there.

BTW: Welcome to BLF! You’ll love being here! :slight_smile:

Image shack uploader program is pretty easy. Drag, drop, hit upload, get link. Easy resize options if you want it.