Strobe on angry dog

Yes, squirrels & rabbits. Wnen I was a kid, I knew a guy who shot flying doves (in season) with his .22
He was an amazing marksman, he rarely missed.

All of the above .22 Rimfire.

LMAO… LOL… :smiley:
Now that may be cheating because everything in Texas is bigger… LOL

Wow :open_mouth: another Bob Munden. We hunted Woodcock at dusk when they were flying back to roost, never hit one using a shotgun. LOL

A funny story —- This year my stepson took my 9 yr old grandson to Kansas for a Deer hunt — His old Uncle Jim ( 83 yrs old ) went along for the hunt (he paid for the trip)
The first morning Grandson got him a nice 8 point — Dropped him on his front legs from about 75 yds with a 6.5 Grendel ( grandson is a hell of a shot - those young eyes )
The next morning Old Uncle Jim shot him a 8 point also —His ran off about 3/4 mile —ended up half way in a creek — Grandson said you should of let me shoot him, we wouldn’t have to go find him —- That boy is something else — He’s already killed 3 nice bucks

Great story chops!!!
Sounds like the grandson is being raised right…. :white_check_mark:
I loved his comment to “Uncle Jim” too. :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for sharing……

It’s funny that no one presented the dogs side of the story.

Post 38

Not every pit bull owner is a dirt bag but every dirt bag seems to own a pit bull. This remark is not meant to disparage pit bull owners or pit bulls, only dirt bags.

Interesting observation, I somehow think you ate right.

And he exercises, too!

+1…. I think you hit upon something pennzy!! :white_check_mark:

If that be the case, then I’m proud to be a dirt bag because I own 3 pit bull dogs, 2 females and 1 male. They are all littermates and I’ve had them for 9 years. All 3 are CGC (canine good citizenship) and TT (temperament tested) and I make monthly visits to nursing homes, retirement homes, family reunions, etc. and fortunantly, have never had an altercation with any of them. I also take them to monthly dog washings at Tractor Supply where they are around 100-200 dogs of all different breeds, sizes, colors, etc. My male is a 2 time UKC champion, and if a dog shows any aggression in the UKC show ring, he is immediately disqualified. As stated before, these dogs are extremely loyal, affectionate, loving, hard working, wonderful pets as long as they are well bred from good bloodlines and raised in the right environment with proper training. When out in public, I never let my dogs off a leash, not because I’m scared they will attack something, but because I’m scared some idiot with an aggressive dog is not responsible or has proper control of their dog and it will wonder over and show aggression toward one of my dogs and cause a big scene. Pit Bull Dogs are great pets, but we as owners, must be aware of the potential consequences if another dog jumps on your pit bull.

Sorry rebelbayou, from what you wrote I DO NOT think you qualify as a “dirt bag”. :wink:

As I said, not all pit bull owners are dirt bags. I’m implying that a lot of the reported problems are from dirt bag owners that train theirs to be aggressive.

Greatly appreciate your explanation but how do you explain why virtually all dog attacks and maulings you hear about on the news are all pitbull related? I am not talking some or most but almost all.

You never hear of a vicious dog attack from a dog like a springer spaniel or Golden retriever.

I guess there may be other dog attacks that are simply not getting reported and the reporters are just biased towards pitbulls.

As far as I know and I am no dog expert only the pitbull has a locking jaw. That by itself makes it an inherently dangerous animal.

If anything am saying is incorrect, please explain yourself.

I understood what pennzy meant. Bad people are attracted to some types of dogs.

Eg, 30 yrs ago it was rottweilers, not pit bulls….

Doesn’t mean all those people are bad, depends on the reasons they are attracted…

+1… :+1:

People have died from pitbull attacks, they have been disfigured from pitbull attacks. Please don’t pick the one and only vicious dog attack that does not involve a pitbull to try and contradict the overwhelming evidence.

Just watch some YouTube videos of how pitbulls lock their jaw on someone’s arm. This is not funny man.

Pitbulls should be illegal to own. Because they are not dangerous to their owners does not mean they are not dangerous.

I’m more afraid of those little yappy dogs with needle-like teeth. They’re like canine piranhas.