Strobe on angry dog

I actually am talking about drop shots, when a deer drops either on the spot or after few steps, this is how it should be done, but whether you like it or not people miss vitals and deers run off, some die miles away, other are never found. from my experience, and from what other hunters told me, only about half of shots are drop shots, the rest are not, so half the time IS often.
lol, hilarious, it is illegal to hunt deer where i live with a .22. only centerfire rifles allowed, but even if it was legal, i doubt many would attempt it,

100% true. The .22 is extremely underrated weapon.

and similar to pitbulls, w/ the number of 22 caliber murder numbers. also similarly, the people are the problem, not the dog or the tool :wink:

.22 maybe enough to kill a deer, or even a person, under right conditions, but i can’t say i met anyone who’d rely on .22 for self defense, or large game hunting.

How many fatal bites from Pits? 25 to 30 a year. Varies a bit from year to year of course.

Humans in the US kill each other at the rate of about 1 person every…………30 minutes. Rape, robbery and assault, that could leave someone mentally or physically disfigured, happen to 1 person every 45 seconds to 3 minutes. Depending on the crime.

100 people die every year from chewing on their ink pens and choking to death on the caps. Seems pens with caps should be make illegal. Clickys only.

Doesn’t seem like our four legged friends should be the very first thing we should worry ourselves with.

Those are facts by the way. I’m not just making shit up. It’s out there for the reading.

Yes, true. Imagine, humans kill each other over silly things. The dog simply wants a piece of your arm. I don’t blame the dog, have you ever seen the ingredients of some of the dog food.

OK… BUT what I am talking about is what you said to begin with… quoted again below.

In reading, I took this for your personal experience.

• IF it is not, my sincere apologies.
  • IF it is, you should regroup.

And although a .22 Rimfire can be quite lethal with a well placed shot…. I never mentioned a “.22 Rimfire”. Because as you noted, in many/most states a .22 Rimfire is indeed not to be legally used on big game.

However, a .22 Centerfire (such as a .223 Remington) can indeed work quite well on Whitetail Deer IF the person squeezing the trigger is competent. :white_check_mark:

That's just a fraction of the story.

Pit bulls are less than 6% of all dogs in the USA, but account for 65.5% of all human fatalitites.

In the 10 years from 2009 to 2018, pit bulls killed or maimed 3,569 people in the USA and Canada, far more than any other breed.

(And that's not even counting the number of dog fatalities and maimings caused by pit bulls.)

When someone compares pit bulls to all other breeds of dogs, that's when they realize how inherently dangerous pit bulls are.

And if someone doesn't compare pit bulls to all other breeds of dogs, they're being extremely dishonest on the subject.

I have been following this fascinating case for almost two years, and I found update news about it today: https://www.courthousenews.com/texas-womans-family-sues-former-cop-for-shooting-at-a-dog-during-welfare-check-and-killing-her-instead/

If a person looses control of their dog, and the dog approaches another person in a threatening manner, and that person discharges their firearm in an attempt to stop the threat, the person who lost control of the dog can end up getting shot.
The question is: Who is responsible for the homicide? The dog owner who lost control of their aggressive dog and then got shot, or the person who discharged their sidearm in justified self defense?
Point of fact in this case: The cop did not reach for his flashlight. He reached for his firearm, because he had reasonable fear of immediate harm.

Because of this and other dog encounter issues, all Texas peace officers have a mandatory 4 hour dog encounter class. I’ve had 2-4 dogs all my life and the class was a no brainer. Then in class I learn how many of my fellow officers have never owned a dog and have very little exposure to them. If you stand your ground and even slowly advance while talking to them most back down. This officer fled backwards and clicked the prey drive in fluffy. The meanest dog with his tail down or tuck is all show. Scared dog will bite, don’t corner them. As far as the legal issues, he is trained and has to account for each round fired. If he sided stepped his fire zone might have been cleared. With bad guys in body armor we used to teach two to the chest one to the head. Head shots are at a slightly up angle causing the bullet to travel further. Now it’s two to the chest one to the pelvis.

This is an important point…
Which means the pitbull breed needs some kind of additional scrutiny. Perhaps a behavioral test to see if the particular dog has a mean streak or is as loving & docile as CRC’s brother’s dog. The trouble with a pitbull is that if it is a mean one, it’s more of a potential killer than most other dogs. So, it should mandate a registry whereby the dog is checked periodically for signs of dangerous behavior.

The problem with the registry is that they will only be added to the registry AFTER a vicious attack.

if it was a regular person, he’d be in prison, for negligent homicide, cuz he missed, and then his estate sued in civil court, but a cop will always get off for shooting at a dog, no matter what he hit instead.

:person_facepalming:

dangit, based on the title, I was expecting a strobing video of an angry dog running around…

:person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Internet consensus, if there were such a thing, and I was the arbiter, for

“strobe on an angry dog?”

Be better prepared, mentally and physically. If not, good luck, Chuck.

I’m curious, has anyone ever shot a moving animal with a 22 ?

Rats and it’s not easy.

Woodchucks.