Sub-Lumen EDC

Can confirm just got an SC62W about a month ago…. Came from Texas. Was backordered when I ordered, but didn’t seem to take that long……and it was on sale for $69.

You probably don’t need me telling you this, but keep in mind the slightly more limited battery choices you’ll have on the SC-63 (compared to the SC62). It’s a shorter battery tube, no springs, so ONLY unprotected cells and, shorter ones (lower mAh) at that, will fit. Hence, I went for the SC62W for the added flexibility. Again, just FYI (in case you didn’t already know).

check out ThruNite T10 (2016 aluminum, not the ti version), very low mood, excellent built quality, compatible both NiMH &14500.
moon light comparison, from top to bottom- Olight s1, T10, Astrolux S3, SC63, Olight S2 (FWIW, pocket clip on S2 more easy to use , it is not as tight as S1)

Actually I’d rather have the 4mm shorter light. I’ve gotten to where I like to carry my flashlights in the watch pocket of my jeans and carry my phone in my right front pocket. I’ve been swapping back and forth between an Olight S1, a Jetbeam Jet 1 MK, and a Nitecore EC11. I had a SC62 about a year ago and sold it to buy a different light. I know it was just a tad too long to fit in my watch pocket so this one should fit lengthwise even though it’s 1mm wider at the head. I’ve been using Samsung 30Qs quite a bit lately any way so the shorter run time won’t bother me much.

IIRC, last time I ordered from Zebralight, they ship from Texas if you’re in the US. Otherwise, they ship from China. I’m not sure if that’s changed in the past few months, but I haven’t heard otherwise.

Nothing wrong with ordering direct…I got my last order in 2 days (but I’m in Texas).

My SC600 Mk III HI has a perfect tint…I think the dedomed XHP35s don’t share the same tint problem. You’ll be playing the tint lottery with the domed versions I’m afraid (from what I’ve read).

If that’s too big still you could try a SC52 variant with a 14500. Even the moonlight on the XHP35 HI is really low (I use it on 0.01 lm mode)…I can see the crosshair effect from the quad emitter in the middle of the night without blinding myself…I’ve been using this mode every night since I got her.

Either zebra changed their lowest low or that zebra’s almost certainly not on its lowest low. I would swear my SC62W gets way lower than that. (But I’ve been wrong before……many….many times.

PS. Nice pic though! :+1:

Different ZL models have different moonlight outputs. For example, the lowest moonlight on my SC5w is about the same brightness as the second-lowest moonlight on my SC52 and SC52w. Which is nice, actually, because I find the lowest moonlight on the SC52’s to be useless except as a locator. It has to be somewhere around 0.001 lumens, based on my best guess.

Many ZLs get down to 0.01 lm. It’s great! :smiley:

The one one I can think of off the top of my head that doesn’t get that low is the SC5w.

This picture is confirming the really low ML mode on Olight S2.
Aslo, I didn’t ever mention Convoy S2, not to be confused

manker u11 has a .07 lumen firefly mode
18650, runs about 200 hours on that
usually under $35

wle

There’s also the Manker E14/Astrolux S41. I believe it was mhanlen’s review that stated .18 lumen. With the addition of the ~ $3 18650 tube, could use 18350 or 18650 depending on the general mood of the day.

My ZL SC600W L2 waits in my bag perpetually on 0.06lm
I can attest to the 3 month burn time.

I just got the Olight S1A in and it has a very good .5 or .6 lumen moon light mode that can be selected from off without hitting other modes. Boy this little guy is tiny, but the TIR really works well for throw in turbo!

Olight S2 has really low ML. Seriously, I do not know why would I use anything lower than that.

Zebralight all the way! I love my SC52, and that is the first gen without PID and the aux modes.