Suggest me a bad ass thrower with a "wow factor"

ebay HID for 70 more bucks. link: Low price HID flashlights.

Oh come now…who is going to carry those around?

And didn’t our own 2100 say these (the ebay hids) are bright as all get out, but not very throwy?

Then I suggest a Trustfire X6. Only 91 dollars at aliexpress. It’s about half as bright as my 85w and throws as far.

The K40 will put a Trustfire X6 to shame both being as is from the factory. A 7G9 won’t touch the K40.

Do yourself a personal favor and buy either the L3 Illumination K40 from sbflashlights with the coupon code BLF10 for $108 shipped or buy athe TN31 deal with the T10 for a $139.

Just love my 4Sevens Maelstrom X10, on sale right now from Going Gear, with 15% discount it makes a total of $63 with shipping to Sweden.

4Sevens old logo stock back at Going Gear –50% off

http://goinggear.com/checkout/cart/

Feilox, a trustfire x6 doesnt touch a hid in terms of output or throw. For an 85w it has about 5.5 less throw and just 3 times less output. Where are you getting your information from?

ILF is correct about the K40 out throwing the X6 with close to the same output. It is one of the best choices for a value LED thrower for now.

Edit: the tn31 deal makes the tn31 a viable option too.

I would say a FF3 would give any ebay HID all it wanted and then some in throw from what I have seen photos of.

I got a big halogen spotlight that I believe would give most ebay HID flashlights a run for their money and then some.

Not taking anything away from a HID flashlight, but it would take a very good one I believe to out throw this halogen I have. And I don’t think a FF3 would come close.

400yds is just a warm-up for this light. Nothing I have will even come close to it.

Here’s 445yds zoomed in quite a bit just to show you how well it lights up the barn and all that in front of it. It would take one bad light to beat it.

This will give more perspective to that last photo above during the day with no zoom even though I’m back a few more yards.

Well this light I have has about a 9” diameter reflector. So again it’s gonna have a super tight hotspot. And it will take a very good HID flashlight to whip it.

But a good HID spotlight with a pretty good diameter reflector I know will probably beat it.

Okay, since you don’t have a HID or a light meter we won’t be able to find out which one is brighter. Everything you say is; ‘I believe’, which is not proof in itself. So despite what you or others may think we just have to drop it.

This is a pointless argument and without measurements will not be solved.

Not trying to disrespect anyone but seriously, it’s true.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS, you seem to love just about every light you seem to acquire. So consider that it might be possible HIDs are next on the list.

HID’s are similar in efficiency to LED’s, and there doesn’t exist anything even close to 85W led. A SST90 at 10A is only 30-40W or so, but has the disadvantage of much larger surface area compared to HID arc.

The generic OEM HID’s are pretty big, though:

Yes, and in fact I believe this Sanmak SM5200 can beat your halogen spotlight easily. :bigsmile:

EDIT: I’d love to own a big halogen spotlight as well, as it is fun and I love their brute strength. But it’s difficult to find one selling from China (mostly are HID from China), while shipping from USA will be extremely expensive and kill the deal.

Sounds good NZshooter - I see you’re in Dunedin. Which particular 85w HID are you using, what price, what batts and runtime. Can you post some specs.

Cheers.

PS: was out bunny shooting last night again. We got 118 and I have to say the Maxtoch SN6X-2s (also known as Skyray STL-V2) are superb as rifle mounted and truck spotties. All our hunters now use them and are mowing large numbers. Amazing usability with that powerful XML beam over our aspherics etc. A60 also a great little rifle mounted light. Two serious overperformers for the $$. Ideal for hunters.

I believe it will.

But what I said about a hid flashlight is that a lot of outside spill is used up in the beam due to the reflector not being big enough so it seems on a lot of the hid ebay lights. And no I don’t have one, but I know quite a few that have that wasn’t impressed on the actual throw due to what I already said above. This halogen has the big reflector going for it and I still believe it would beat quite a few hid flashlights off of ebay due to this fact. I’ve heard people say that this light actually would throw for almost a mile that have used them in certain places. But I don’t personally believe that. But I can tell you that it probably is at least 3 to 4 times as bright in lux on throw as the TK70 is at 200yds and 445yds. My camera will prove this as well.

And no I don’t want nor need a lux meter to tell me what I said about how bad it beats the TK70 or K40. It whips them like they were a candle.

Halogen is not very good. Fraction of efficient of HID/LED so much larger lead acid cells needed for operation.

Lithium is also much much better than Lead acid since the latter requires maintenance if used irregularly.

That said, the crazy big/heavy 120W ones do shine pretty far for a short period.

Yep. This thing only burns on high for about 10 min. To get the max beam distance, is really for the first 30 sec to 1 min or so. But it does throw a very long ways.

You are right, I did not specify size, but I have a regular flashlight in mind, nothing huge which you can not easily carry. So a HID is out………

Since hid is not an option, lets move back to the regular lights :wink:
Seems you do not agree on the tk40 vs. Crelant fight………

You’re looking for a “winner” when there’s no clear one here.