Suggest to me a UV Flashlight for US Currency

Maybe better not :expressionless: (looks junk to me)

Marked as spam

Received Jet-UV

Same results here with Jetbeam Jet-UV, barely lights up the old $100:

works great on the new ones:

Its my first UV light, Im happy with it
Battery life if short, and it gets warm in use… like running my AAA Tool on High…
some really neat effects from looking at LEDs (these are not On, its just the excitement from the UV)

this one turned out close to what I see with my eyes

Agreed, the Convoy S2+ with Nichia UV LED is what I would go with. They are pretty cheap (with a code) so you could get 2 if overheating the LED is a worry. I also have the Nitecore SRT9, Nitecore SRT7GT and an amazon special (WOLFWILL Ultra Violet Flashlight 100 LED Blacklight with the yellow tinted glasses) and the Convoy S2+ with Nichia UV LED is the clear winner for me

I’d have to say this one….

Well, it is all I got. This GB needs to be made again!

Thanks J-Dub74. An included glow-in-the-dark o-ring to help tell when the UV light is on would nice too. I’d be happy to order it separately, but I would only want to buy one.

Just for curiosity, putting a biscotti driver (let’s say, with only 3 or 4 x 7135 chips) would damage the LED of the Convoy UV light?
I now that it probably doesn’t make sense to have modes on a UV light, but I’ve been wondering if it is “doable” without damaging the LED!
Thanks in advance :wink:

Original has 700 mA, so I suppose with 3+ 7135 the LED would overheat even more.

Thanks for the answer :wink:

the original Convoy got even at 700mA problems and damage on the first thin aluminum stars
its better to under drive em or have new version with copper board

If you really want more UV light go with the Lite-On or Nichia 233 ones with a proper star you can run them with 1.4A

Received the new Nichia NVSU233B-D4 LED today

that is already dedomed from the shipping incident which clemence had, so he got replacements and donated the LED
I can live with as its going into a reflector light

as promised I did some Ultra Macro shots of it in an angle so its more plastic

100% forum

Convoy
compared to the 276A you can see that the new ones have one electrode under the emitter

LiteOn 365nm
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/239/LTPL-C034UVH365%20DataSheet_Ver4_20150916…

this LED has a electrical neutral middle thermal pad for DTP stars
The active area is a lot bigger than on he Nichia LED, so it throws less
my LED has a surprizing low forward voltage of 3.46V @0.7A