Suggestion Gathering for the Sofirn SC28 User Interface

What a SC28C with Crescendo would be like? Would you please explain?

Crescendo is a ramping firmware for clicky switches.

3 Thanks

Another Crescendo-Fan here! IMO it is best enjoyed with reverse clickies.

1 Thank

Crescendo would completely change the character of this flashlight, and it would become more of an edc and outdoor flashlight for enthusiasts. Of course, the version with only one program in sc28s will be more suitable for a wider group of buyers and users, and business is business.

Yes, I agree. I have, however, been able to use Crescendo on my Convoy L2. What I notice on that forward clicky light is when I take off the tail cap to replace a battery, it resets to no memory and starts ramping. With the SC28-C(rescendo), the user could just charge the battery within so that could work fine. Of course, someone can just install a reverse clicky switch.

cant wait!

Do you know of any other source of Crescendo drivers than Mnt Electronics? Do you flash it yourself?

@ToyKeeper has a repository that is provided a number of times in various posts of the forum.
Regarding firmware mods, I don’t have flashing equipment.

Edit- Flashlight Firmware Repository

My understanding is the led is a XHP50.2 What is the amp on that?
Would a B35AM look good in SC28S?

I think until someone opens up the light, we won’t know for sure but it should be a boost driver. I posted in another chat a picture of the spring side of the driver and it looks like there are flashing pads on it.

heres the inside

Xhp50.2 is available in 3V.

No, it is 3V XHP50.2 most likely. So FET driver.

1 Thank

Replace it with anduril.

1 Thank

After playing around with this a couple days, I have come to the conclusion that I like it the way it is. I thought at first you had to use full clicks to change modes which would be clunky.When I realized you can use the momentary and taps to cycle through all of them, it made perfect sense. I’m an anduril 2 guy too, but you can’t use that on everything as you will always have folks that are intimidated by it. You’re also never going to please everyone no matter what you do. I love this light now. Emitter was a great choice, beam is a great flooder with that unique optic, and build quality/ finish is spot on.

2 Thanks

I just got it and I’m ok with it but the manual didn’t explain the different groups.

Is it too much to ask for a consistent UI across all models? For example
e-switch = flashable opensource firmware
clicky switch = flashlable open source firmware

5 Thanks

whaaat? In the manual I received they are described, briefly, but they are there.

They are in the manual but it doesn’t explain how to get to them.

2 Thanks

Thanks. Turns out I was looking at the wrong manual.