Sunwayman V11R on Ebay, $18.99. 2 left.

This thread has caused the worlds supply of reasonably priced Sunwayman AP-05 AA Extenders to dry up.

The only ones left cost more than we are paying for these lights.

Alas, the law of supply and demand at work…

I really wish they shipped to Canada. I’d grab a couple. Why not, they would be good gifts. And how hard is it to stick a couple in a padded envelope and write flashlight on the label. Geez.

I went looking for AA extenders today as well. Most were sold out and the ones that were available were as you pointed out more than the darn light. I suspect 16340 sales to increase the next few weeks. I better grab some extras before the price goes up. :slight_smile:

I would be extremely happy if someone could make a good counterfeit, especially since Sunwayman and Jetbeam have given up on this type of UI. Not only would a counterfeit mean continued availability of this model at budget prices, it creates hope that a new company will make better spinoffs in the same price range. The control ring of the V11R isn’t as good as the Jetbeam RRT01, but it was still pretty good and far better than what’s on the Nitecore SRT9.

I believe only one person so far has received a light. We’ll have to wait and see ‘what’ shows up this coming week. Anticipating the real deal….

Mine showed up yesterday. It seems like a nice light. :+1:

Geuzzz mentioned an emitter swap in another thread.

moderator007 did too, and even added a lighted tailswitch and a sanded down Noctigon MCPCB.

I’m planning an emitter swap and might even attempt to bore the tube to accept an 18350… :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty sure moderator007 and toddcshoe have both reported getting lights that look genuine and work properly.

Price has been bumped to $20.99, he must be nearing the end of his stash.

Now up to $29.99. Seller must be realizing these were priced way too low.

Sorry but just wanted to know why is this light so sought after? Its pretty old now and the reviews are just okay?

For me it’s the SMALL form-factor and the Magnetic control ring that has infinite brightness.

Infinite brightness, ha we wish! Infinitely variable, yeah it has that. I hope they’ve improved the control ring to prevent the damping grease from leaking out. Ironically the V10A I upgraded from has never lost the original grease.

My V11r is still my edc, but lost all the grease after about a year. I finally took it apart last year to regrease, but just used channel locks and some paper towels for cushioning and the finish suffered as a result.

KuoH

For me it’s the magnetic control ring. That makes it more intuitive to use than any other single or even double button UI. Makes this a great gift light too for muggles and older folks.

someone should write him and tell him things from this end :wink:

…… or send him a link to this thread, think I will

This is the first magnetic ring type light I have ever had. Always wanted one but they were always a bit expensive. I had a alert set on Ebay for the V11R hoping I could pick up a used one cheap just to try it out. Now that I have had it a few days and got to play with it I really enjoy it. I love the ring, it gives me the option of setting it to the perfect amount of light without being stuck with just a few modes that the manufacturer set for me. I would really like to try out the Jetbeam RRT01SE but the price they are going for puts it out of my reach. Hope to find a used one a bit more affordable.

I had the RRT01 and gave it to my father. I felt the ring could use a little more resistance. I’m hoping the V11R has the resistance. If not, it’s still a keeper!

Yeah, I am not sure about the resistance of the ring compared to the RRT. I don’t have any other ring variable light to compare it to. The V11R ring does have pretty good resistance. It definitely doesn’t turn too freely. I have carried it in my pocket the last few days. Seems the ring may move a bit in my pocket but not too bad. I have the pocket clip situated where the tip of the clip is at the halfway point of the brightness adjustment. There is a flat spot in the ring that I use as a guide to tell what brightness it is resting at and I can adjust it up or down before I turn the light on. Really handy at night sneaking into the bedroom after the wife is already sleeping. Love the sublumen levels. Hoping to find a good deal on the RRT01 one day. I also hope Sunwayman or some other company will keep making lights like this. I really enjoy the ring.

It is a very nice EDC. Mine came from fasttech, so not this deal, and came apart pretty easy.

Has anyone modified or tweaked the tail switch? It fiels a bit heavy / old school / out dated.

Seller has them now at $29.99. The thrill is gone.

Well I have been debating this for a while and got bummed when I saw stock dry up and come back and I was away during the weekend so I missed the last of the 18.99 I saw it hit 20.99 and said OK, this is it and actually offered the guy 18.99 when it was at 20.99. He came back pretty fast at 19.99. I let it sit there for a bit and woke up this morning and saw the post it is 29.99. So I immediately hit accept offer and according to eBay I saved $10 :smiley: