Sunwayman V11R on Ebay, $18.99. 2 left.

No matter, the adapters are gone now. I like the 18350 idea best, but I don’t have the tools for that.

I opened one of the lights I received today, and it is like goshdogit in terms of the low level with an 16340 cell. lower than any other light I have.

Yep, I think this is the best option. Just pick up an extender and bore out the center section. No need to bore out the main tube, as many 17500 cells are less than 17mm in diameter.
The AW 17500s I have are all under 17mm (and 1100mAh).

Might be restocking? If not there are other sources/vendors out there (including directly from the SWM website).

there are other sources, ebay for $15 from China and several other websites that I have not looked closely at prices.

Member mash.m posted that he had bored the V10R in this thread. Sunwayman V10R - Tripple high Cri with battery Monitor
He also boosted the driver to 2 amps. I was hoping he might shed some light on the current increase mystery.

So this worked great. Much lower low now. It goes sub min :slight_smile:

Which part did you file down? The detent or the groove where the detent rides and stops.
On my V10R this worked great also but the magnet holes are not so close to the detent stop.
For you sub lumen nutz out there, don’t go crazy filing trying to get the low super low.
If you go to far the light goes back to high when the magnets pass the lowest position of the hall effect sensor.

The groove. All the way to the magnet.

I was surprised to see how much current the light draws on the lowest level. 13mA, compared to less than 2mA for my D4. Knowing a bit about electronics its not shocking, the hall effect circuits need to be biased up no matter how much light is being put out.

I was also entertained to see the light level increase a bit when I put my S1R and V11R side by side to compare the brightness on the lowest mode. The V11R gets a bit brighter when the magnet of the S1R is nearby. When the magnet is right near the adjustment ring, the V11R goes to max brightness.

Looks like you slightly got in the magnet pocket. :wink:
Looks like that’s about as far as one can go without detent just running into the magnet.
I think it might be possible to gain a little travel from both by filing the dent just a little and the detent groove.

Thanks for sharing Geuzzz :slight_smile: :beer:

That made me think of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uspAnOVRx_o
That’s a M11R.

nice, thanks for sharing. Don’t leave the light on the magnet for too long as the battery will be dead the next day or two. :open_mouth:

Thnx I will keep an eye on this for the next few days.

Not sure what you mean. If it’s off it’s not drawing current. Could you clarify what you mean? Thanks

Though t about it, but I don’t get it either. Please enlighten us :slight_smile:

Sorry, I was referring to the video shared in this post. Someone is keeping the light “off” (no light emanating from the LED) by attaching it to a magnet. I imagine the light is still drawing power, as the hall effect sensors are still powered on. In my light, I measured 13mA at the lowest mode. With a 600mAHr battery, the battery would be dead in about 40 hours if left in that state. Left longer the battery would likely be damaged, assuming the light doesn’t have LVP. Not sure if that is true or not.

Sorry for any confusion my post caused . . . :blush:

It was never actually off. While he had it within a stronger magnetic field than the variable ring itself, I still say it is because he had it on, not off, even if there was no visible light. Not a smart way to store your torch. I thought you meant the variable ring’s magnet was drawing current somehow away from the battery when off., which it can’t. Thanks for clarifying.

Indeed, thanks for clarifying. Really like the lower low.

Now how to get that higher high?