Sunwayman V11R on Ebay, $18.99. 2 left.

yeh, I know. Was willing to take the chance knowing I could recoup my bucks. But, it still may come through….will give it a little more time.

I saw that buyer pop up as soon as the $18.99 ad blew up. Saw he had no feedback. Figured he was trying to cash in on the buying frenzy of the $18.99 price. It was tempting but I didn’t bite on his ad. It just didn’t feel right.

After initializing a dispute, the seller has immediately refunded through PayPal. I’ve never ever received such a hasty refund from a Chinese vendor when things go wrong in an Ebay auction. Giving in so easily kinda tells me he never even shipped and I was being scammed…. Buyer Beware ebay seller chaop43.

They were probably hoping in your long wait from china you just forgot about it. I would guess ebay ask for the tracking number and nothing was given, so they refunded you. Glad you got your money back. :+1:

I bought three units from two sellers, and the two packages have already arrived at my USA mailing address. Now they have just started their way to my home in Spain. For now, I have no reason to be suspicious.

I have an efest protected cell that is too long for this light. Can I remove the protection circuit to make it fit?
Any recommendation for a rechargeable?

This light is an omnivore (accepts all sorts of batteries) so I assume it has no low voltage protection (LVP).
It is rather easy to forget to put it out after you have used the very low low mode.
Which gives this light a fair chance to drain you battery beyond repair. That’s what protection prevents.
This protection is most likely spot welded, which makes a clean removal of it quite a challenging enterprise.
So: I would not do it.

I don’t know how much extra room you need, but what about clipping a piece off from the spring.
Or trying to move the switch a bit further to the back by inserting an extra washer.

Tip of the month: buy yourself a new protected battery. Living in CA, it won’t break the bank.
Go to the comparator of member HKJ, so see which battery best fits your needs.

I just bought a couple Keeppower 16340 with PCB. I’ll try them later and let you know.
My AW 16340 with PCB fit fine. My protected XTAR do as well. Seems roomy. I can’t believe efest is that much longer. Did you remove the spring and put in a stud or something?

I used a V11R last night working on a truck. I was using it at about 50% brightness when I noticed the light losing quite a bit of lumens. I gave the control ring a spin to full and It didn’t give much of a change in brightness. Within a minute or so the light had really lost its lumen oomph.
I suspected The V11R driver was sucking the life out of my 16340 like a vampire. I pulled the battery out and stuck on my icharger. The voltage was at 2.4v which was a few minutes after I had turned the light off, so the voltage had already bounced back some.
Now if this happens again I’ll be able to recognize the battery needing charged well before it gets this low, I know what to look for.
Running Protected 16340’s in this light is a good idea. Non protected can be used if you really pay attention.
This driver is a Vampire, Its designed to operate in a wide voltage range and doesn’t distinguish between them. From the testing I have done on a bench power supply, Be Warned, It will suck any battery you stick in it down to about .6v before it cuts off. :beer:

For the record,I bought a brand new Efest 850 mAh 16340 for this light. I thought it would fit, but it is about 1 mm longer than the Surefire primaries. if I could just make one more turn of the threads it would make electrical contact, but even with the spring compressed flat, the head will not screw on all the way.
If anyone has a battery that they have put in the light, I am happy to buy a battery that is a good fit…

I have used the Nitecore NL 650mah protected batteries in the V10R and V11R without issues. Maybe not the best protected 16340 battery but I do know they fit.
Well I just went thru my 16340 battery stash. The Fenix 700mah ARB-L16-700 is a protected battery and Is a very decent battery. It also fits without problems and is short for a protected 16340.
You can read HKJ’s review here: Test/review of Fenix 16340 700mAh ARB-L16-700 (Orange-Black)

I had a Jetbeam protected cell laying around. I don’t know who makes it for them. It fits and works just fine as well.

I have the Keeppower protected 16340 in mine from Illumn

I grabbed a couple of these as well and have the same issue. One is fine and the other has a “low” that is way brighter. Not a huge deal, just a data point.

Strange. I am using a couple older Efest V2 (red) 700mAh button-top and they fit perfectly. Just measured them @ 34mm x 16.75mm.

My AA spacer is due for delivery by the end of the week. Hopefully it’s the same for everyone else.

Been busy and missed that my pair had been shipped out . After looking again I realized they had been shipped to the wrong address. Maybe that’s why looking in the mailbox was futile . Bought from the later cheaper vendor :( He actually sent them ... just not to me .

Was it from a vendor selling at $16.88 each? Mine was, except he never sent as promised. After I got a refund through PayPal, I get a “shipped” message through Ebay with tracking for that refunded order…Strange…. Showed that my shipment originated in California and was delivered in California. I say SCAM ! Anyways, hope you get yours soon.

I was being patient and busy so I waited .. they ended up shipping to somewhere in texas . I doubt it’s a scam since fed ex tracked it . Someone in alvaraz texas got 2 free lights .. I wrote the bendor saying I really wanted the lights and he explained the wait from china would be VERY long time. OR I could have it fixed locally ... wth ?? Wait they never showed up??? Fix what??

Instead I opted for the full refund

I still say scam. He did to you what he did to me. Mine was delivered in California. I say BS. Seller can send you others tracking info to cover his ass. SCAMMMER