Supbeam K50 - new search light

+4

My personal encountered:

Supbeam sales rep list:
Bella Chen,Cora Sun, Amy Xie, Steven Zhang, Chris Huang, Hellen, Alice Wu…… they could
be some one hiding behind which I don’t know.

Beware of Bella and Amy, they are dishonest! They try to make profit from the shipping
cost. Bella told me X60 (3.5kg) shipping cost to my country is $49usd with FeDex, it can’t be so expensive, I argue with her, she ask me to use my own courier. The next day I asked Chirs, he told me $38usd only.

Amy is bad, my friend bought K40 from her, she charged FeDex $38usd while it should be $26 only, since my friend don’t mind about it, I just keep quiet. When he received K40, the item looks old, used item, the “Stand by Strobe” was bleached!

Recently I’ve made inquiries about X60, I purposely asked few different sales person, this is what I get:

1) Alice quote me X60 $299usd without battery.
2) Few days later, Cora quote me X60 $299usd free 6pcs Supbeam 18650 2600.
3) A week later, Bella quote me $299usd free 6pcs Supbeam 18650 3400.

Wow… different person quote different spec. It seems like their X60 hard to sell !!
With this price, I would really go for Fenix RC40.

hey guys!!

i always cooperated with Chris !! it is an honest person , you can really communicate perfect with him! cant find any reason to speak with other people in supbeam ! Chris all the time is there to answer my questions and he knows how to support customers!

am thinking that the k50 with the extra battery in series most probably can throw 200lumens more most probably ,by the way the reflector is the same as the k40 !

most probably am going to modified the k40 , i order artic silver 5 and then i will try to do the trick if goes BOOM i will order the k50 !!

for now i wait for my X60 , am excited to received it and test it!!

i'll take 1 for 79$.

am not paying more for this noname light.

Supbeam France is also extremely arrogant, and full of crap, trying to pass of marketing BS, and unconfirmed numbers as gospel truth. Failing to address even the most obvious pieces of BS when confronted with facts.

While they make decent lights (after a mod) the way their reps behave leaves a sour taste.

Supbeam released K50 V2 with bigger head (90,2mm diameter) and more current to the emitter. Effect? 1610 lumens and 1444 klux/1m.

Wow, thanks for sharing this!

The V2 deserves its own thread. :slight_smile:

Seems like the TN32 without the bling, I’m curious as to how the two compare. Of course, the manufacturer specs can’t be trusted.

Yeah, we need compare beamshot pictures.

I don’t know what they were thinking with that bezel design. Everything except the little castle topper design on the bezel is great.

For those interested in buying a modded K50 V2: WTS: K50vn | Candle Power Flashlight Forum

GB?

so much $$$$ :frowning:

It's nice, but I don't see the point. This is predominantly a thrower, and I don't know about you guys, but I don't need nearly as much battery life for throw as I do for the 5-20 meters in front of me. I also don't get how v54 thinks he'll get ~20% more throw when the head diameter is the same.

I don’t think many of us would need the “Unique magnetic charging structure charging in parallel, discharging in series.” We could save quite some $$ there if a GB is held.

I found it kind of weird that the guys over at CPF were excited by the charging ability. I feel like it’s much easier/safer/less complex/cheaper/etc to just pop them in a dedicated charger.

It’s not the same, K50 V2 has bigger head (and reflector of course) - it’s only 9,8mm narrower than Olight SR90/95! (90,2mm vs. 100mm, K40 has 76,2mm)

I’ve got the K40vn and I’m pretty happy with that. No need for such a similar light. I would really like a X40vn but Vinh is not doing any at the moment.
rdrfronty, if you ever decide to sell your X40vn, let me have first crack at it :smiley:

I was quoted $195 + $20 DHL from Chris at Supbeam..........

Seems like Vinh is getting a bulk deal, and I wonder if a GB would reduce the the price significantly?

They'd probably increase the price. They're wacky like that. They'd have to lower the price a LOT to make it worth buying through them instead of Wayne. $200 gets you a modded K50 with shipping.